Huggy Bear resigns | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Huggy Bear resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really want Jesse, his ghost screens, then calling for the ball before his head is turned, to come back to this team?

He made a choice. Don’t wish him ill will, but reality can be a bear sometimes.

He would be surrounded by four guys who want the ball. We're probably better off with a defense and rebounding type who can set good picks at center.

Basically said that our NIL operation is a joke — which could impact recruiting just a bit these days.
And then we went on to land multiple high profile transfers and keep Judah from the draft with the help of a nice NIL deal. lol. Our NIL operation was never the problem, we just didn’t think Jesse was worth what he was asking. Big miscalculation by Jesse’s dad.

Again, not happening.

I’m a big believer in putting the best team on the floor. Sorry so many dislike the truth. Jesse was also heavily influenced by his dad to make this decision. I believe I’ve heard that a bunch of times too and also not to blame Jesse for his departure which I’ve also heard a bunch of times in now closed Jesse thread.

I’m surprised some on here are so vehemently opposed to a possibility of returning when so many also on here indicated how good of a kid Jesse was, how much he bleeded orange and so on and so on. It doesn’t mean those other players aren’t keeping their scholarships by having Jesse come back as a walk on to help your team win games. Somebody alluded to him being a walk-on which isn’t a bad idea. Jesse made a decision that didn’t work out and it’s only natural for a young kid to want to go back to something they know and lean on people he trusts- perhaps our coaching staff. Or let him go play for another team and average 15 and 12 while (our current situation) we have a collection of centers that aren’t ready yet. Yes I get the loyalty point to current recruits. Carey isn’t a center by any stretch of the imagination, Patterson will be redshirted. That leaves our newest center and HIMA who could put in ten minutes then get into foul trouble. Just saying, but yes in the end he won’t come back here I get it. Please don’t sit here and try to explain your rationale that we have a better roster of centers without Jesse because that’s totally not true.

I’m a big believer in putting the best team on the floor. Sorry so many dislike the truth. Jesse was also heavily influenced by his dad to make this decision. I believe I’ve heard that a bunch of times too and also not to blame Jesse for his departure which I’ve also heard a bunch of times in now closed Jesse thread.

I’m surprised some on here are so vehemently opposed to a possibility of returning when so many also on here indicated how good of a kid Jesse was, how much he bleeded orange and so on and so on. It doesn’t mean those other players aren’t keeping their scholarships by having Jesse come back as a walk on to help your team win games. Somebody alluded to him being a walk-on which isn’t a bad idea. Jesse made a decision that didn’t work out and it’s only natural for a young kid to want to go back to something they know and lean on people he trusts- perhaps our coaching staff. Or let him go play for another team and average 15 and 12 while (our current situation) we have a collection of centers that aren’t ready yet. Yes I get the loyalty point to current recruits. Carey isn’t a center by any stretch of the imagination, Patterson will be redshirted. That leaves our newest center and HIMA who could put in ten minutes then get into foul trouble. Just saying, but yes in the end he won’t come back here I get it. Please don’t sit here and try to explain your rationale that we have a better roster of centers without Jesse because that’s totally not true.
If he bled orange he would have stayed and I’m not convinced he makes us better.

We don’t need a ball dominant center with the guards we have. We want those guys to have the ball.

It makes zero sense to have a center that will take the ball away from those guys when we are looking to play fast.

Give me someone who can dunk, rebound, and block shots.

The team and the coaches have moved on.

If he bled orange he would have stayed and I’m not convinced he makes us better.

We don’t need a ball dominant center with the guards we have. We want those guys to have the ball.

It makes zero sense to have a center that will take the ball away from those guys when we are looking to play fast.

Jesse can’t dunk the ball?

He actually might be better off getting tons of minutes and all the shots he wants on a bad team I’m not feeling sorry for him basketball wise. Now his rebounding numbers will look better by default.

Not getting his bag is another story especially since his dad was always gonna take half the money. He’s not an NBA prospect and this was his one year to earn life changing money.

That’s exactly what Jesses does. Dunk, rebound and blocks shots. Almost better than anyone. You’re kidding yourselves if you don’t think Jesses doesn’t make this team better. If Jesse was at SU, we would already be ranked in the top 25 next year. It’s all for not because he isn’t coming back.

That’s exactly what Jesses does. Dunk, rebound and blocks shots. Almost better than anyone. You’re kidding yourselves if you don’t think Jesses doesn’t make this team better. If Jesse was at SU, we would already be ranked in the top 25 next year. It’s all for not because he isn’t coming back.

And stand on the block in the way, calling for the ball.

That was fine when we had one guard who could dribble by anybody and thus ran a 1996 style offense

It all depends on what Jesse signed and what was guaranteed out of the 800k. NIL has nothing to do with the school or the coach so he still may make part of that money. If he choose to leave to go to another school because of the coach's exit and team breaking up then it depends on his NIL contract. If it's required that he shoots a car dealership commercial and he did that well he gets that money regardless if he still attends the school unless attendance is a contingency but that would not be allowed technically, but if he has to make ten appearances once a month at a local restaurant to sign autographs then obviously he can't fulfill it if he leaves then that money won't be going to him. I think he stays to get most of that money if possible.

I feel a little bad for Jesse, but not that much.

The Edwards family made their bed. Wouldn't take him back at this point, even if the numbers allowed it. I don't think he's a fit for how we're going to play.

Huggins is a self-destructive moron. Surprised it took this long for him to perish in flames, frankly.

I feel a little bad for Jesse, but not that much.

The Edwards family made their bed. Wouldn't take him back at this point, even if the numbers allowed it. I don't think he's a fit for how we're going to play.

Huggins is a self-destructive moron. Surprised it took this long for him to perish in flames, frankly.
He was a fit before he wanted to leave was kind of my point. Nobody was going to ask Jesse to leave the team before he explored NIL opportunities. In fact everyone on this board was waiting on pins and needles to see if he would stay

Coal Elves..

Noel.jpg

He was a fit before he wanted to leave was kind of my point. Nobody was going to ask Jesse to leave the team before he explored NIL opportunities. In fact everyone on this board was waiting on pins and needles to see if he would stay

I didn't say that Jesse wasn't a good player.

But we are going to a more uptempo system, not a walk it up / half court style of play where the offense runs through the post.

I fully acknowledge that Jesse's development has been extraordinary, and that his production last year was extremely impressive, and that he put together one of the best seasons across the board statistically of any pivot we've ever had.

But his numbers would dip next year, based upon how we are going to play. I don't think that's what he wants. Hence, why he isn't a fit. I'm intrigued by rolling with what we have -- and think that the McLeod / Brown / Hima trio will be more than up to the task, helping this team get back to the top 25.

Why would he come here as a walk on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors