I’m Heartbroken | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I’m Heartbroken

9B1CCF50-CC21-4458-8484-94B36873ABE0.jpeg

I think that as long as we didn’t humiliate ourselves it was gonna happen.

Though, I would feel a lot more confident if GS hit the open guy in the end zone…
indeed, missed e f n opportunity.

I'm not sad.

I'm confused and angry.

I don't understand why we didn't even try to get Tucker going in the second half.

Worst case scenario is we don't get anywhere, but we burn some clock. Which, at the time, seemed like a good thing for us.

I'm not sad.

I'm confused and angry.

I don't understand why we didn't even try to get Tucker going in the second half.

Worst case scenario is we don't get anywhere, but we burn some clock. Which, at the time, seemed like a good thing for us.

I saw Tucker grab at his wrapped leg more than a few times. Seemed like he was fighting through the pain but wondered if that had a lot to do with it.

I'm not sad.

I'm confused and angry.

This is the biggest question mark for me. After the Shrader runs were no longer gaining chunks we turned him into a pocket passer rather than leaning more on Tucker. He was having success in limited action, very confusing.

Safety only pulled up after Shrader had released the ball, making it look like it’s a wide open play. With that said, still a better decision to throw it in the end zone on single coverage than into triple coverage.
Yes…. The one D guy did cut back towards gadsen after the ball was thrown. But jackson still had him by 2 steps heading to the W

It doesn’t make me feel any better but I’ve been a diehard Syracuse football and basketball fan since I was a little kid and spending the day in Clemson today was one of the coolest days of my life.

Had a couple bourbons with some clemson fans sitting behind me after the game but I can’t lie I was holding in tears when they picked that pass off at the end. I might never get over this one but man I wouldn’t change a thing about how much I love Syracuse.

I saw Tucker grab at his wrapped leg more than a few times. Seemed like he was fighting through the pain but wondered if that had a lot to do with it.

It’s a valid point that I hope is asked about. Would at least make it make sense

I actually think this loss is worse just bc this would have vaulted them into CFP convo and the exposure would have been insane. Gutted for the team. Playing short handed like crazy. And still had a chance. Not giving Tucker the ball was mind boggling especially up 11. Im not mad I’m disappointed

They gotta use this as fuel. ND is waxing unlv right now.

So CIL indicated he was covered and upon release safety floated in. I trust what he was seeing.

From what I’ve seen, Jackson did have a beat on him as the safety was cheating a bit as his eyes/head were focused more straight ahead towards Gadsden. I think there was a window there, albeit nowhere near as much as the photos depict after Schrader released the pass. But clearly a much better opportunity than throwing into triple coverage. Just a very poor decision with the game on the line.

Last edited:
I keep seeing this injury excuse coming up and it’s sickening. Either get him the F out of the game and let Allen/Price run the offense or Tucker gets the job done. Everyone is banged up at this point in the season. He’s either good or he’s not. If he’s not then Dino is being dumb continuing to run him out there to be a glorified decoy. When you’re up 11 in the second half you run clock, manage the game, and take a couple shots to put it away.

From what I’ve seen, Jackson did have a beat on him as the safety was cheating a bit as his eyes/head were focused more straight ahead towards Gadskin. I think there was a window there, albeit nowhere near as much as the photos depict after Schrader released the pass. But clearly a much better opportunity than throwing into triple coverage. Just a very poor decision with the game on the line.
Perhaps. I don't know if Garrett discussed why he went to Gadsden on that play. If I had to guess it had part to do with he probably really trusts Gadsden catching the ball. While we have the benefit of tv to see the full coverage, Garrett likely saw a clear lane for a moment and launched it. No matter, it was an unfortunate ending to a hard fought game.

To those who dislike post 24...I didn't say I would have moved him to wr. Leach did and did it for a reason. I now can see HIS reason. Leach likes his QBs ready made. You may disagree with it like I do but it is a fact. The final interception.....not seeing open receivers not named Gadsden is what Devito was accused of... not seeing open receivers, tunnel vision. A problem that I trust can be fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom