I am really beginning to think why Babers is going conservative | Syracusefan.com

I am really beginning to think why Babers is going conservative

retro44

Living Legend
on offense is because he didn't figure the defense was going to tank as bad as it has. Interior D-line is really not that bad,but tackling and poor angles the back 7 has taken on run support is really bad at times..Coverage skills I will not even address at all.

on offense is because he didn't figure the defense was going to tank as bad as it has. Interior D-line is really not that bad,but tackling and poor angles the back 7 has taken on run support is really bad at times..Coverage skills I will not even address at all.
I think it's because he has the worst offensive line ever. I think it's also wrecked dungeys already sub par ability to make the right reads.

State of the o line makes the whole year a wash out

Just wrote that on the "dline blew it" thread. This o-line can not handle any kind of blitz package and it made Dungey look lost.

I think it's because he has the worst offensive line ever. I think it's also wrecked dungeys already sub par ability to make the right reads.

Isn't that even more reason to mix things up and not call: run, run, pass, and punt? That's what was frustrating, we have an offensive guru running up the gut 2 plays in a row, all game long. Why?

If the offensive line is terrible, which it was, move the pocket. Try something instead of the same failed run all game long.

True, the OL gets no push at all and provides Dungey with little to no help.

Missing two senior starters and Conway doesn't help of course.

Dungey did roll out and it did not help and imo made things worse. Also...the WF corners played at the first down marker while early SU's corners were 5 yards or so behind it thus giving up those 3rd and 8's making them first and tens. Meanwhile...SU's receivers were going 2+ yards short.

True, the OL gets no push at all and provides Dungey with little to no help.

Missing two senior starters and Conway doesn't help of course.
I feel like Lester fans did in 14. I didn't believe in what he was trying to do but it wasn't like anything was going to work with those injuries. I just hope people realize that this offense does work by looking at other d1 schools that succeed with it. Hopefully there have been enough flashes to give people hope but fans that don't know or care about Baylor and tulsa are going to stay home again next year and who can blame them...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom