I am so over Desko | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I am so over Desko

I'm sure tbe AD could careless about lax. Basketball & football are his worries.

I wish I could fail like Desko.

I am a boss, and the chief executive of a small institution with a $700,000 annual budget and about $3 million in the bank. I am accountable to this institution and it has good years and bad years. So far so good, but the margin of error is razor thin. I wish I could fail as often as Desko does. 5 NC's in 19 years. If that is failure, I'll choose failure every day.

Chicken or the egg? Coaches or the players?

As to 2008 - 2009, John Galloway, Joel White, Dan Hardy, et al, these were local boys, some with legacies to uphold and create for their own, there was a 'hunger'. This hunger needs to exist with the players, and manifest in the form of leadership in practice. Attention to detail. Unrelenting. This leads to game success.

Nice inroads to national recruiting with Pasqualoni's nephew (thank you Liam Banks), Salcido (thank you Powell bros), and the two other HS sophomore-to-be commits from FL way (thank you Powell bros). It's cool and all, but give me some 3-5 Canadian Box players any day.

You cannot absolve the coaching staff. As Bill Parcells says, the record does not lie. These quarterfinals losses, and tourney misses, do not lie. There was a bump when Rogers was given more control.

The AD needs to be sure the hunger and innovation is there with the coaches. The coaches need to be sure it is there with the players.

I wish I could fail like Desko.

I am a boss, and the chief executive of a small institution with a $700,000 annual budget and about $3 million in the bank. I am accountable to this institution and it has good years and bad years. So far so good, but the margin of error is razor thin. I wish I could fail as often as Desko does. 5 NC's in 19 years. If that is failure, I'll choose failure every day.

Stop it. He has not been to a final four in ?? He is a good coach but questioning how the past 5 seasons have ended is not crazy. Some of you people will go 10,000 miles in the wrong direction to make a horseSLHITE point.

You are a CEO with a budget of $700K and you have 3 mil in the bank?? How do you sleep at night?

Stop it. He has not been to a final four in ?? He is a good coach but questioning how the past 5 seasons have ended is not crazy. Some of you people will go 10,000 miles in the wrong direction to make a horseSLHITE point.

You are a CEO with a budget of $700K and you have 3 mil in the bank?? How do you sleep at night?

To be clear, it;s not my $3 million. (I wish.) It's the organization's. Small non-profit organizations don't pay like that.

Questioning how the past 5 seasons have ended is not crazy. You are right about that. Everybody is disappointed. A change in coaching doesn't necessarily fix it. Recent recruiting is encouraging.