I can excuse the crap offense and bad defense | Syracusefan.com

I can excuse the crap offense and bad defense

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
I can excuse getting torched on every trick play.

I can excuse Dino's bafflingly terrible clock management.

But God help me, if we blow Jawhar Jordan's redshirt by playing him next week...

If we lose today yeah. If we win gotta play him.
tenor.gif

I said this in the game thread. If he plays, does it show that DB is trying to get fired and doesn't care anymore? That is mostly tongue in cheek for the crowd that threw on another pair of orange tinted sunglasses.

I said this in the game thread. If he plays, does it show that DB is trying to get fired and doesn't care anymore? That is mostly tongue in cheek for the crowd that threw on another pair of orange tinted sunglasses.

No, but it would show that he doesn't have plans to be here in 4 years, or is just careless with such things. Neither is a good answer.

No, but it would show that he doesn't have plans to be here in 4 years, or is just careless with such things. Neither is a good answer.

I dont think coaches think 4 years down the road. 2 bad years and some coaches are done. Maybe not here with our history but still... Dudes a player, i want to see more. Recruit better and it's not a problem.

How do redshirts work? Anyone can take it if they don’t play x games?

Shocked he can still redshirt.

Again - I don't care if somebody needs to accidentally lock Jordan in a room somewhere. He cannot see the field next week.
If Jordan turns out as good as we think he will, you aren't getting a 5th year out of him. He should have been playing every game this year, at least returning kicks, and as a receiver.

If Jordan turns out as good as we think he will, you aren't getting a 5th year out of him. He should have been playing every game this year, at least returning kicks, and as a receiver.
I agree, he should have been playing more.

But he didn't. And it is an idiot move if he plays next week.

Again, I don't care about the likelihood of getting that 5th year. If it's greater than zero, and rest assured it is, there is no sane reason for him to play next week.

I will EPHHIN DIE on this hill.

I agree, he should have been playing more.

But he didn't. And it is an idiot move if he plays next week.

Again, I don't care about the likelihood of getting that 5th year. If it's greater than zero, and rest assured it is, there is no sane reason for him to play next week.

I will EPHHIN DIE on this hill.
You have my axe. Jordan MUST NOT play. It goes against all rational thought of depth to lose the redshirt. We can have 3 of our top 4 RB’s next year and all spread out in years

I dont think coaches think 4 years down the road. 2 bad years and some coaches are done. Maybe not here with our history but still... Dudes a player, i want to see more. Recruit better and it's not a problem.

You don't think coaches think 4 years down the road? Well you're wrong, its kinda their job to do that. Take a lap dude.

If we lose today yeah. If we win gotta play him.
Even if we had won it, it wouldn't have made sense to play him next week. If that was the thought process, he shouldn't have played against Duke. I guess none of that matters now.

You don't think coaches think 4 years down the road? Well you're wrong, its kinda their job to do that. Take a lap dude.

Alright of course they do but when the average head coach doesn't last more than 4 years, why would he worry about it when most have to win now.

I am an eternal optimist and plan to see babers here in 4 years but this is far too much a high pressure job that has a ton of turnover. I certainly wouldn't put money on it.

Jordan should recieve the Adam James treatment next saturday. It should be done by an anonymous staffer that is sworn to secrecy.

I’m clearly in the minority. Since next week’s game means nothing in the grand scheme of things, SU will not play Jordan. But if we’re really worried about whether Jordan has an extra year of eligibility down the road, the program is in dire straits. I tend to think we may have far large issues than Jordan’s eligibility in four years.

He is clearly our most explosive athlete - we are not in a position to red shirt these guys. He should not play Saturday but he should have been playing much earlier and been much more involved earlier. The coaches job is to get our best guys opportunities.

He is clearly our most explosive athlete - we are not in a position to red shirt these guys. He should not play Saturday but he should have been playing much earlier and been much more involved earlier. The coaches job is to get our best guys opportunities.
I fully agree he could have helped more this season

But, since he wasn't used in that capacity, wasting is redshirt would be moronic.

That is why the OC needs to be gone yesterday. We have had a problem on offense all year. Jordan would have given TD a weapon he didn't have this year. Someone who you get the ball in his hands and let him make a play.

I’m clearly in the minority. Since next week’s game means nothing in the grand scheme of things, SU will not play Jordan. But if we’re really worried about whether Jordan has an extra year of eligibility down the road, the program is in dire straits. I tend to think we may have far large issues than Jordan’s eligibility in four years.
No, being worried about. Being smart and getting him for a whole extra season cause we red-shirted him is smart coaching. You want explosive guys like him all 4 years. You don’t worry if he may leave early but you don’t waste a year on a 5th game like next year. Him being a R.Fr next year instead of a SO is huge

No, being worried about. Being smart and getting him for a whole extra season cause we red-shirted him is smart coaching. You want explosive guys like him all 4 years. You don’t worry if he may leave early but you don’t waste a year on a 5th game like next year. Him being a R.Fr next year instead of a SO is huge

Not disagreeing. But I just think SU football has bigger problems.

Not disagreeing. But I just think SU football has bigger problems.
So we should let the small problems fester into big ones? We complain about depth yet it’s burning redshirts like this that cause that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom