I Can't Believe This Forum... | Syracusefan.com

I Can't Believe This Forum...

newmexicuse

All Conference
We are just off the end of a hoops season where we had two underdog teams make the FF, the men in particular were written off for dead.

Agree that this isn't our best LAX team, but still three of the losses were just brutal OT affairs that really should have been won by us in regulation. Even if we only would have won two of those three games the season would be looking a lot different. The team has only had one unwinnable game the entire season.

Yeah, these guys have their issues, but to totally write them off and be calling for the coach's head seems awfully pre-mature to me.

We are just off the end of a hoops season where we had two underdog teams make the FF, the men in particular were written off for dead.

Agree that this isn't our best LAX team, but still three of the losses were just brutal OT affairs that really should have been won by us in regulation. Even if we only would have won two of those three games the season would be looking a lot different. The team has only had one unwinnable game the entire season.

Yeah, these guys have their issues, but to totally write them off and be calling for the coach's head seems awfully pre-mature to me.

With this defense and inconsistent/zero depth offense this team is unfortunately on life support and is likely not to make the tournament. Comparing this team to the bball team is comparing apples to hand grenades you couldn't get farther apart.

The fact this team had to go to OT in the first place against a bad Cornell team tells you all you need to know. This is the worst SU team since 2007 and I don't see any John Desko magic turning this thing around. UNC on Saturday is going to be ugly.

JeremyCuse said:
With this defense and inconsistent/zero depth offense this team is unfortunately on life support and is likely not to make the tournament. Comparing this team to the bball team is comparing apples to hand grenades you couldn't get farther apart. The fact this team had to go to OT in the first place against a bad Cornell team tells you all you need to know. This is the worst SU team since 2007 and I don't see any John Desko magic turning this thing around. UNC on Saturday is going to be ugly.
Bump ;)

Bump ;)

Well, it was ugly for the Tarheels.

I think the basketball analogy isn't too far fetched. Denver and Notre Dame should get to Memorial Day, but otherwise any number of teams could, too. We are an overtime loss away from being no. 2 in the ACC tourney, and may get there anyway.

JeremyCuse is right when he says we have no leeway, and we might not even get to the tourney, but if we do, we could play awhile.

Sanity

To be fair I've wanted Desko fired for about four years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom