I can't get enough of the Texas meltdown | Syracusefan.com

I can't get enough of the Texas meltdown

Millhouse

Living Legend
http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2013...wn-apologizes-for-66-17-loss-to-ou-next-month

Austin, Texas (AP) - A somber Mack Brown addressed the media today, apologizing for the Texas Longhorns’ embarrassing 66-17 loss to bitter rival Oklahoma next month.

“I want to apologize to all Texas fans in advance,” said a visibly-shaken Brown. “66-17 is unacceptable. I’m as disappointed as anybody about how the team will play against Oklahoma on October 12.But you can’t look back at next month’s loss and torture yourself with ‘What ifs?’You have to move on.”

After brief introductory remarks, Brown donned reading glasses and read from a list of shocking statistics from the upcoming game. Brown reported that the Sooners will rush for 430 yards, pass for another 320, sack the Texas quarterback six times, and force four turnovers.

“We have to protect the ball better than we will,” reported Brown.

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2013...wn-apologizes-for-66-17-loss-to-ou-next-month

Austin, Texas (AP) - A somber Mack Brown addressed the media today, apologizing for the Texas Longhorns’ embarrassing 66-17 loss to bitter rival Oklahoma next month.

“I want to apologize to all Texas fans in advance,” said a visibly-shaken Brown. “66-17 is unacceptable. I’m as disappointed as anybody about how the team will play against Oklahoma on October 12.But you can’t look back at next month’s loss and torture yourself with ‘What ifs?’You have to move on.”

After brief introductory remarks, Brown donned reading glasses and read from a list of shocking statistics from the upcoming game. Brown reported that the Sooners will rush for 430 yards, pass for another 320, sack the Texas quarterback six times, and force four turnovers.

that's hilarious - and probably incredibly accurate

I talked with several UT fans and the world is coming to an end. I don't dare refer them to link, I would be held liable liable for pushing them over the edge.

Great find.

Best part is they think they are getting Saban after they fire Mack Brown.

Best part is they think they are getting Saban after they fire Mack Brown.
why not? he's probably getting bored with dominating every year at Alabama - and raising your kids in Austin, TX vs Tuscaloosa, AL might be very appealing. Guy has to be basically a shut-in in Alabama with his level of celebrity and their fanbase level of fanaticism.

I could see it.

why not? he's probably getting bored with dominating every year at Alabama - and raising your kids in Austin, TX vs Tuscaloosa, AL might be very appealing. Guy has to be basically a shut-in in Alabama with his level of celebrity and their fanbase level of fanaticism.

I could see it.

So he is too famous in Alabama and wants to go somewhere with low key fans like UT?

Not buying it. More likely UT offers $10 million a year and he may be listening.

So he is too famous in Alabama and wants to go somewhere with low key fans like UT?

Not buying it. More likely UT offers $10 million a year and he may be listening.
No comparison between the two. Austin, Texas is a rapidly growing, fantastic city with a ton of wealth and very highly educated population. UT's fanbase as a whole is much more sophisticated than Alabama's - it's not even close.

of course money is limitless at UT for the right coach, but that's the case at Bama already - if Saban were to leave for UT it would be for quality of life and a new challenge - not for more money

The funny thing is that Texas led the pack in getting early commitments while others were following more traditional patterns. You gotta wonder if they made some bad decisions with their picks of the litter?

No comparison between the two. Austin, Texas is a rapidly growing, fantastic city with a ton of wealth and very highly educated population. UT's fanbase as a whole is much more sophisticated than Alabama's - it's not even close.

of course money is limitless at UT for the right coach, but that's the case at Bama already - if Saban were to leave for UT it would be for quality of life and a new challenge - not for more money

I'm not saying UT can't make a play for him, but Saban has his choice of any school now. He could pick up the phone for any school and choose where he wants to coach. If he wanted UT, he would be at UT.

His quality of life, I can assure you, is great. Not only that, not everyone wants to live in Austin.

If UT is going to get him, it's going to take a godfather offer. Saban isn't going to care how sophisticated the fans are drinking microbrews and chatting about the latest acts coming to SXSW.

Alabama is one of the two most storied college football programs in history. Saban is going for greatest college coach of all time at this point.

The perfect ending to this would be for Mack to get fired and then replace Pasqualoni at UConn...

Let the death spiral accelerate...

Chris Pederson from Boise St. will go to Texas or USC once Kiffin is booted.

Saban leaving Alabama would mean that his players would no longer get paid and may have to actaully earn their degree, or at least dome grades. There may be some gifts in kind to UT players but no where near the scale and deapth of an SEC school, let alone the dominant school in the SEC.

UT's fanbase as a whole is much more sophisticated than Alabama's - it's not even close.

wow. Alabama's fanbase must be the absolute worst in the world if it isn't close. There is nothing sophisticated about a bunch of holier-than-thou Austinites who still think that A&M presents no threat to their "hold" on the state of TX.

disclaimer: born and raised in Austin. Love it here, but the fan situation (between the 'Horns and the 'Boys) can get a little tiresome.

Last edited:
Hoe great would it be if Brown was canned and Gerg was hired?

One can dream

Hoe great would it be if Brown was canned and Gerg was hired?

One can dream
I started to suggest that to a Longhorn fan and he was quick to dismiss it. VERY quick. They like Grob where he is and as a person but theg are firmly in the same camp as Syracuse fans regarding GRob in the driver's seat: NEVER gonna happen! So I've been told...