I come in peace | Syracusefan.com

I come in peace

Wahoowah

Walk On
Looking forward to a very hard fought game tomorrow night in The Dome. I think JB has done a terrific job this year considering the mass exodus of NBA talent. Christmas has had a phonoemenal year and will no doubt have a productive NBA career. I only wish you guys would have beaten Duke a few weeks ago;)

In any event, tomorrow night should be a real dogfight. We have struggled against the three point shot at times this season (VT hit 9 against us yesterday) so we are obviously concerned about Cooney. I know he's struggled as of late but something tells me he will be light's out tomorrow night. I can assure you that Christmas will see a ton of double teams so his ability to find the open shooters will decide the game imho. I don't have a great feeling abt this one but hopefully we keep it close and have a chance down the stretch.

Finally, I hear JB has a great class coming in. Is this the case? I look forward to The Cuse reloading as it makes the ACC a better conference for sure when The Cuse is rolling.

P.s. Pls don't lump all of us UVa fans with the occasional bad-Apple posters that are out and about- we have a healthy respect The Cuse

Peace

Our recruiting class is ranked number four but it lacks a point guard, which we desperately need. We are in a recruitment battle for a local product mickey d center who has also been offered by Kentucky. We will be better next year but there are weaknesses at point guard and maybe center. We have a mickey d center that sat out with bad knees this year. Don,t know how durable he will be next year.

what does it look like for you next year?

watched a documentary the other night on michael rockefeller (nelson's kid) . seems his boat tipped over and he swam ashore only to encounter some angry cannibals. they claim had he drifted a quarter mile further either direction he may have been spared . good luck tomorrow and tread carefully.

11739139.jpg

(edit: syracuse lax up 8-1 at the half)

Last edited:
Sounds like a great class. We only lose Darion Atkins. We add Darius Thompson who was starting guard at UT as a true frosh last year and is red shirting for us this year. Most UVa fans thought next year would be our year but this year has been pretty good so far.

Sounds like a great class. We only lose Darion Atkins. We add Darius Thompson who was starting guard at UT as a true frosh last year and is red shirting for us this year. Most UVa fans thought next year would be our year but this year has been pretty good so far.

Bennett is an excellent coach

How does Bennett get all his guys to stay? Every time we get a guy who has a good season he bolts for the NBA draft.

He seems to attract 3/4 star types that are later blooming players. We have two underclassmen in Justin Anderson and Malcolm Brogdon who could potentially leave early but Brogdon has already committed to coming back (he's wants to work on a masters degree next year) and most think Justin will return as well. Bennett would probably like to have some 5 star guys that would potentially leave early but that hasn't happened as of yet. It's not a bad system to have bc it's hard to compete with the UK, Duke, UNC and SU's of the world for McDonalds AA's.

watched a documentary the other night on michael rockefeller (nelson's kid) . seems his boat tipped over and he swam ashore only to encounter some angry cannibals. they claim had he drifted a quarter mile further either direction he may have been spared . good luck tomorrow and tread carefully.

11739139.jpg

(edit: syracuse lax up 8-1 at the half)

So weird I literally watched this on Netflix like two days ago

Isn't it Anderson who is hurt? Will he be back for the NCAAT? Need a loaded team to beat UK.

He seems to attract 3/4 star types that are later blooming players. We have two underclassmen in Justin Anderson and Malcolm Brogdon who could potentially leave early but Brogdon has already committed to coming back (he's wants to work on a masters degree next year) and most think Justin will return as well. Bennett would probably like to have some 5 star guys that would potentially leave early but that hasn't happened as of yet. It's not a bad system to have bc it's hard to compete with the UK, Duke, UNC and SU's of the world for McDonalds AA's.
Part of it is also our "Defense-First" mentality. It's just plain stupid to say that there aren't any Burger Boys who can/want to play defense. But it's pretty obvious that there aren't very many.

Isn't it Anderson who is hurt? Will he be back for the NCAAT? Need a loaded team to beat UK.
Yes, Anderson is the one hurt. He should be back for the ACCT and there are rumors he may be back for the Louavul game. Those probably are just rumors fed by wishful thinking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom