I don't get why it is so hard for the media to see what we convicted of doing | Syracusefan.com

I don't get why it is so hard for the media to see what we convicted of doing

Alsacs

Living Legend
The Syracuse athletic department has been punished over 1 paper for 1 player, 2 kids making $12 an hour at the YMCA and not properly running a drug testing program that isn't required under NCAA rules.

Yet somehow if you believe the narrative of how Syracuse cheated you would believe our HC under the table paid for a basketball player's tuition to stay in school and then called him a drugdealer to explain how he paid for his tuition. Then lie to authorities and tried to coverup that player's murder and failed to report drug testing results. Oh wait that was Baylor in 2003.

Or you would believe Syracuse had an academic adviser do over 400 pieces of coursework for 18 basketball students. Oh wait that was Minnesota in 2000.

The penalties those schools suffered weren't as great as the ones the NCAA dished out to Syracuse for the above infractions.

The national media wants to pile on our program because 1. the backlash against the Syracuse alumni in the Sports media annoys the non-Syracuse media. 2. Jim Boeheim has high unfavorables. He has people that are loyal to him but a lot of the media hate his guts. 3. We are the low hanging #hotzsportstake and they taking it.

I just wish when we are labeled as a cheating program people would exactly know or state what we did and the penalties we suffered. People think we are guilty of first degree murder when we are guilty of possession of an illegal narcotic.

Last edited:
I liked this post, unlike'd it, and liked it again. This should go out to every single media outlet. Or maybe a handful of us could copy any paste it in the comments section.

I've heard some tv announcers say the punishment was unjust, and am curious why more haven't mentioned the blatant bias. I'm also curious if anyone on here has ever figured out the reason for the ncaa's bias against JB and/or SU?

Welcome to the Misinformation Age.

If a topic doesn't generate a short-term emotional surge and fit within 140 characters, a large segment of the population will not spend their own time finding information about it and coming up with an informed take.

Professional trolls like Gottlieb and Forde know exactly what they're doing. The rubes out there take it like gospel and are too lazy and stupid to actually research topics. Just the way it is.

But let them hate. We're getting the last laugh on Boeheim's One-Finger Salute Tour.

1KDQGar.gif

" I'm also curious if anyone on here has ever figured out the reason for the ncaa's bias against JB and/or SU?"[/QUOTE]
I blame it on the influence of Oliver Luck and Jim Delaney.

Last edited:
The Boeheim cheated #hotsportstake has gone overboard. It is so lazy.

Most of the people have no clue and just want to a shot because they can.

CaptainJ said:
I've heard some tv announcers say the punishment was unjust, and am curious why more haven't mentioned the blatant bias. I'm also curious if anyone on here has ever figured out the reason for the ncaa's bias against JB and/or SU?

I think they wanted blood for the Bernie Fine thing. It "poofed" so they tried to make up for it.

That's all I got.

I wonder if being a private institution plays any part in this crap, I know it shouldn't matter, but I believe it does.

Like Bilas said, the whole purpose of the sanctions is to shame the program and coach. Once the 'cheater' tag is slapped on you, it's hard to shake. There's no way most non-Syracuse fans are going to actually read the allegations and what Syracuse actually got punished for. They don't care; they just know what they were told, which is that we cheated. A lot of the sports media - or the famous ones with a real voice, at least - are lazy guys just there to cash checks. They have no incentive to do any real research; a headline about a big time college program 'cheating' is more than enough to generate the views they want, regardless of what garbage they actually put in the article. Then you have non-sports media members writing about it, despite being way out of their depth and possessing only cursory knowledge of the sport, organizations involved (NCAA and school), and actual violations.

Let them call us dirty. It makes it easier to weed out the people whose opinions we should ignore at all times, people who should not be respected in any way shape or form.

One reason may be the hatred the current head of the NCAA has for us since he came from W. VA. Second is that JB doesn't mince words in his assessment of so much of the BS the NCAA has been involved with over the years. They are very vindictive against those that point out their shabby and numerous flaws and screws.

I called into the Sirius college sports channel this morning around 8:25 and scolded them for lumping us in with UNC.

Gave a rundown of what we got punished for and how it's silly to compare the two, plus we've served (and are still serving) our punishment.
Also compared UNC to a DeVry U or Pheonix online diploma mill.

The hosts had no comeback and it was clear they didn't even know what we were punished for.

There are sports writers who do not like Boeheim/Syracuse. Read the Tim Dahlberg article in most of the papers today. Lines like "NCAA already had the goods on Boeheim----------". This along with tying it with Louisville and NC after pulling in the Tarkanian stories from decades ago. Sick!

Logical, well written pieces don't sell as well.

I called into the Sirius college sports channel this morning around 8:25 and scolded them for lumping us in with UNC.

Gave a rundown of what we got punished for and how it's silly to compare the two, plus we've served (and are still serving) our punishment.

The hosts had no comback and it was clear they didn't even know what we were punished for.
This is in the problem. Nobody cares about facts.

Syracuse has been tar and feathered as this outlaw program while Kentucky has a coach who has put 2 teams on probation and somehow keeps APR high.

I could find dirt on pretty much every elite program but this crap is out of control as to what the media narrative is about Syracuse.

We are getting of 3 minor legitimate misdemeanors and yet the narrative is we are guilty of Capital offenses.

I love asking the "Syracuse cheats" crowd, how we cheated? And they are never able to give an answer.
I like to ask them which violation they think is the worst and why. Once we get by the general "academic rules" and "drug policy", lots of stammering ensues.

The hosts had no comeback and it was clear they didn't even know what we were punished for.
Oh man, I was listening to the Grant Hill interview and went into work around 8:25. Must have just missed your call, damn!

I find it funny that nobody mentions the Villanova and Oklahoma violations over the past decade or so. Both were cited by the NCAA, and OU was given some harsh penalties. But it's all SU as the rogue program and UNC as the accomplice.

There are sports writers who do not like Boeheim/Syracuse. Read the Tim Dahlberg article in most of the papers today. Lines like "NCAA already had the goods on Boeheim----------". This along with tying it with Louisville and NC after pulling in the Tarkanian stories from decades ago. Sick!

Logical, well written pieces don't sell as well.
Guys like Forde thought for sure that they had Boeheim dead to rights years ago. They can't stand the fact that he made it out of the witch hunt alive and well.

And now that he's back in the Final Four, their blood is boiling and all they can do about it is send out childish tweets and write scathing fictional columns.

Boeheim to Forde and the rest: "Now go home and get your shinebox."

Last edited: