i dont know if i can think of anything scarier than | Syracusefan.com

i dont know if i can think of anything scarier than

I agree, Christmas is an under sized center and I cringe when they continue to force it into him.
well that and the shooting guard that cant shoot, or dribble, or pass. he pretty good at kicking the ball on defense though.

I can. A team in iowa tomorrow that will rain 25+ threes on SU tomorrow and likely hit 40% of them.

Was at the game, my exact quote to my gf early in 2nd half after rac missed a shot..."if Christmas is our go to guy we really suck"

Christmas cannot be plan A. JB has some serious work to do.

To answer the thread title, I can think of something scarier: an injury to one of our key players.

Was at the game, my exact quote to my gf early in 2nd half after rac missed a shot..."if Christmas is our go to guy we really suck"

Christmas cannot be plan A. JB has some serious work to do.

Its not like there is much choice. What else is he supposed to do? Run it through Trevor who for some unknown reason thinks he can take the ball to the rack and finish in traffic?

Its not like there is much choice. What else is he supposed to do? Run it through Trevor who for some unknown reason thinks he can take the ball to the rack and finish in traffic?

Yeah, agreed. Not much choice. Cal had some big guys. Hopefully Rak can be effective enough moving forward to draw some extra attention to be able to kick it out to a guy who can hopefully make some shots or cut to the basket.

Cal is a big team, Rak had a tough night. He will do fine though, he has capability. Tonight I was very disappointed in #1 the defense and #2 KJ. That said, we all knew that both of those will take a while to come along. It is not the end, it is the beginning.

I can. A team in iowa tomorrow that will rain 25+ threes on SU tomorrow and likely hit 40% of them.

I'll do you one better:

A team that hit 40% of its threes and plays a 2-3 zone. Because Syracuse has had such success against zones in recent years...

That said, a win tonight wouldn't shock me at all. But Iowa looks like a bad matchup on both ends of the court.

I'll do you one better:

A team that hit 40% of its threes and plays a 2-3 zone. Because Syracuse has had such success against zones in recent years...

That said, a win tonight wouldn't shock me at all. But Iowa looks like a bad matchup on both ends of the court.

I think Olaseni being out helps Christmas at least - although I think the flagrant 2 call on Olaseni was ridiculous.. Woodbury will be tough enough for Christmas to handle but I was really worried how long he would last with fouls having to handle both.

But overall I agree - from watching a ton of Hawkeye games last year and all of them this year so far, Iowa is not our best matchup

He can bench Trevor and Roberson and put a team on the floor that actually makes sense. How does a PG who's afraid to shoot, a SG who cant shoot, and a SF who can't shoot give you confidence that this offense will ever not suck this year?

We can however replace that with a SG who can shoot and penetrate (G) and SF who can shoot (BJJ) and bring the other two off the bench.

We can't question JB because certain players don't perform but we can question him when he keeps playing them over others.

He can bench Trevor and Roberson and put a team on the floor that actually makes sense. How does a PG who's afraid to shoot, a SG who cant shoot, and a SF who can't shoot give you confidence that this offense will ever not suck this year?

We can however replace that with a SG who can shoot and penetrate (G) and SF who can shoot (BJJ) and bring the other two off the bench.

We can't question JB because certain players don't perform but we can question him when he keeps playing them over others.

BJ Johnson is 9-26 so far this season. Last year he was 6-24. I think we're annoiting him as a great shooter far too early. He very well may end up as one, but right now, he's below average. And I think that's putting it nicely.

an offense built around rakeem Christmas and trevor cooney. if that is the old man's plan than we are in deep .
Jimmy recruits for the zone. Tall rangy kids who are offensively challenged. Kaleb Joseph at this time might be the most overrated pg to come to the Dome

BJ Johnson is 9-26 so far this season. Last year he was 6-24. I think we're annoiting him as a great shooter far too early. He very well may end up as one, but right now, he's below average. And I think that's putting it nicely.
He at least presents the option of shooting a 3, we can't run an offense with 2 guards who cant shoot a 3 guys operating inside the arc.

He at least presents the option of shooting a 3, we can't run an offense with 2 guards who cant shoot a 3 guys operating inside the arc.

He certainly isn't shy, but I'm not so sure defenses are worried about defending him the way they do Cooney. Cooney has been pretty brutal from the outside as well, but he's defended much differently than BJ or anyone else is. Most teams tend to tag Cooney & not help off of him. BJ doesn't command that attention at this stage in his career. I hope they both shoot lights out tonight and defenses have to tighten up. It will free things up for Kaleb to get to the rim, and give Rak more room to operate inside.

He certainly isn't shy, but I'm not so sure defenses are worried about defending him the way they do Cooney. Cooney has been pretty brutal from the outside as well, but he's defended much differently than BJ or anyone else is. Most teams tend to tag Cooney & not help off of him. BJ doesn't command that attention at this stage in his career. I hope they both shoot lights out tonight and defenses have to tighten up. It will free things up for Kaleb to get to the rim, and give Rak more room to operate inside.
I'm not advocating BJJ in place of Cooney. I'm just saying we can't play Roberson at the 3 and run a consistent and effective offense, unless Roberson has some hidden skill set I don't know about.

I'm not advocating BJJ in place of Cooney. I'm just saying we can't play Roberson at the 3 and run a consistent and effective offense, unless Roberson has some hidden skill set I don't know about.

I can appreciate that. I'd push for more G, even though it will make us smaller. I think G is a solid defender and a very good rebounder. I'd have no issues with Kaleb, Cooney & G on the court together.

We haven't found that go to guy yet, but it will come...

When he arrives, JB will make him the focal point, & everything will be fine...

For comparison's sake Cooney is 11-26 and 5-15.

We can however replace that with a SG who can shoot and penetrate (G) .

He can penetrate at times, but that's about it. He's not a good passer or ball handler, and while he's usually pretty good on D, he wasn't yesterday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom