I don't think the Yankees are going after Headley hard any more | Syracusefan.com

I don't think the Yankees are going after Headley hard any more

CaliCuse

All American
Headley's demands are for too much and too long considering his age and his back issue which Cashman feels will require surgery within any extended contract period. Prado at third and Refsynder at send. Maybe Cashman is learning from his numerous mistakes in overpaying for temporary position fillers. A promising SS is too far down in the system to make an appearance yet in a position of this importance but Jorge Mateo will make himself known to fans soon enough. There are a few international signees who will be heard from in a couple years or sooner.

Mateo is a good low prospect. His best tools are his raw power, with a cannon for an arm, also has very good speed. His defense, and hitting need to come up, but he has good hands. Think along the lines of an Alfonso Soriano type swing

Mateo is a good low prospect. His best tools are his raw power, with a cannon for an arm, also has very good speed. His defense, and hitting need to come up, but he has good hands. Think along the lines of an Alfonso Soriano type swing
Maybe now but the kid is very young he has all the time he needs to get rid of a Soriano swing. If the hitting coaches don't correct that I'll apply for the job. All i need is enough video broken down by pitchers L-R. If they have it broken down by types of psyches e.g curve fastball etc., even easier. Apparently the hitting coaches feel this ability transcends rocket surgery. Maybe the real problem are the players themselves by refusing to listen to the coaches. This problem is one that affects all sports and its athletes.Soriano had to be the most stubborn of these types. If anyone tells me that Kevin Long didn't see the obvious its no wonder he was fired and justifiably of course. I get that these major league pitchers are beyond just good.
Getting K'ed by a fastball is no disgrace But if your swing is such that its impossible to get hits unless you factor in the % of chance.We see often enough how that happens in a game Even the greats have hits to their credit that were received by a lucky spin or bounce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom