I don't understand | Syracusefan.com

I don't understand

SWC75

Bored Historian
I don't understand Terry Collins' use of Niese and Colon. he ahs two starting pitchers in his bullpen. I would think their obvious use is to take over the game for a starter who didn't go as far as Collins wanted to get to Clippard or even Familia. Being starting pitchers, these guys are used to facing both right and left handed hitters. Why put in Niese, having him impressively get out two guys and yank him for Colon? In an earlier game, he had Colon pitch to one guy. Why use a starter as if he was just another reliever?

All i know is Daniel Murphy just (in all likelihood) blew the game and the series.

And Cespedes was not exactly for the rest of us: he was living in his own bubble, with no awareness of what was going on around him.

Let's not take away from the Royals, they are a machine. I feel like you need to score 7 to beat them. 5-6 is a crapshoot. 4 or less and you are probably going to lose. AL having home series advantage is particularly devastating. You have a team that never strikes out playing in a stadium designed to negate the long ball. They are built to win.

Cespedes, Clippard and Familia all struggling = game over.

When your starting pitching is good and your bullpen is quite clearly a liability, it's difficult to justify pulling Matz so early on Saturday.

But there's a lot of blame to go around, and some of that rests with Kansas City - they executed better.

I don't understand Terry Collins' use of Niese and Colon. he ahs two starting pitchers in his bullpen. I would think their obvious use is to take over the game for a starter who didn't go as far as Collins wanted to get to Clippard or even Familia. Being starting pitchers, these guys are used to facing both right and left handed hitters. Why put in Niese, having him impressively get out two guys and yank him for Colon? In an earlier game, he had Colon pitch to one guy. Why use a starter as if he was just another reliever?
Or why did he never let Reed pitch more than one inning when he obviously had it going this series. Or the love for Clippard who has struggled since August. Or the total non-use of Robles during the playoffs even though he can be unhittable when he is on and he was coming on as a solid guy towards the end of the year. Collins is too much of a formula guy... he has a formula and wasn't going to change it for anything and he doesn't seem to react to in game stuff too much. I actually thought Collins was amazing in the NLCS and NLDS but got outcoached by Yost.

Or why did he never let Reed pitch more than one inning when he obviously had it going this series. Or the love for Clippard who has struggled since August. Or the total non-use of Robles during the playoffs even though he can be unhittable when he is on and he was coming on as a solid guy towards the end of the year. Collins is too much of a formula guy... he has a formula and wasn't going to change it for anything and he doesn't seem to react to in game stuff too much. I actually thought Collins was amazing in the NLCS and NLDS but got outcoached by Yost.

I've always been okay with him for the most part, but there's a lot of fans here in KC that would have laughed at anyone getting outcoached by Yost. He is questioned quite a bit around here to say the least. Of course, now he'll never have to buy a meal in this town again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom