I feeling optimistic, I apologize in advance... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I feeling optimistic, I apologize in advance...

The problem is we will also lose 3 more games nobody expects us to lose

Other than BC there isn't a game left on the schedule in which I would be surprised if we lost.

Last edited:
But can't you just hear the selection committee chair fielding a question about this after Syracuse is left out of the field and saying "yes, we factored it in, but in the end felt their overall resume did not stack up with the at-large teams we selected."

Which could be a legitimate determination. I don't think the selection committee gains anything by not treating this like they've treated key player injuries/suspensions in the past. I don't see their motivation to treat the games the same as if Boeheim had coached them, especially given their chairperson's words which he didn't have to provide.

Which could be a legitimate determination. I don't think the selection committee gains anything by not treating this like they've treated key player injuries/suspensions in the past. I don't see their motivation to treat the games the same as if Boeheim had coached them, especially given their chairperson's words which he didn't have to provide.

The problem is we have to be on the bubble for it to be taken in consideration. We needs to win some games to get on the bubble.

The problem is we have to be on the bubble for it to be taken in consideration. We needs to win some games to get on the bubble.

Well obviously. I'm operating under the assumption that we'll win 9 or 10 games in conference.

But can't you just hear the selection committee chair fielding a question about this after Syracuse is left out of the field and saying "yes, we factored it in, but in the end felt their overall resume did not stack up with the at-large teams we selected."
Yup.

I think 10-8 in the ACC gets us in the NCAAT, especially if we can get a win or two in the ACCT.

9-9 puts us squarely on the bubble and will probably require two ACCT wins.

So, can we finish out the ACC schedule with no more than 5 losses? I think it's doable. We have to beat the teams we're supposed to though. There can be absolutely no more losses to unranked ACC teams.

We have 13 games to go and 5 are against ranked teams. We will likely be unseeded going into the ACCT and so will meet a ranked team there in the first round.

If we can knock off a couple of these ranked teams and avoid another bad loss - we're in. That simple.

This may be crazy, but I see a path that may lead this team to the NCAA tourney. Given that Clemson is apparently not terrible, that loss sort of alters my impression of what this team may be (and makes that loss all the more awful because it may have possibly been a good win for this team).

Looking at the schedule ahead we have-

@WF- could go either way

@Duke- loss

@ Virginia- loss

ND- win

GT- win

VPI- win

FSU- win

@BC- win

@Louisville- loss

Pitt- could go either way

NCSU- win

@UNC- loss

@FSU- loss

If we win the WF and Pitt games, that gets us to 9-9 in conf and 19-12 on the year. With JB on the bench we would be 15-7, with good wins over UConn, TAM, and Pitt. If we can pick up that ever elusive first ACCT win, our case would get a little better.

Not saying that we can definitely win every game I labeled up there as a win or either way, but it’s definitely possible.
Uconn is not very good right now they need to turn it around to help us

I watched Duke play Clemson and they got killed inside too, if it wasn't in Cameron I give us a punchers chance

Without Jefferson, Duke isn't a team that's going to kill us inside. I actually think we match up well with them. This is a game where we will have to guard the perimeter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom