I guess Kaleb Joseph is going to be one of Jimmy's goof in recruiting | Syracusefan.com

I guess Kaleb Joseph is going to be one of Jimmy's goof in recruiting

CaliCuse

All American
I root for the kid to snap out of his funk and play like someone that would attract all of the Orange coaches to come in after our last great pg. I do feel very sorry for this kid who seemed to be all set to come in and play well for the program. At the vey least I hope he takes advantage of the free education to get him ready for post BB life. Its not going to be in the pros unless he become a coach.

I root for the kid to snap out of his funk and play like someone that would attract all of the Orange coaches to come in after our last great pg. I do feel very sorry for this kid who seemed to be all set to come in and play well for the program. At the vey least I hope he takes advantage of the free education to get him ready for post BB life. Its not going to be in the pros unless he become a coach.

yeah, just like Lazarus Sims was.

Tyler Ennis screwed him. Tyler should if/have stayed Kaleb backs him up last season and prob is ready to assume starting spot this season. But with G emergence who knows.

Tyler Ennis did him no favors though.

yeah, just like Lazarus Sims was.

Z's pro career:

1996-97: Szczecin in Poland.
1997: Atlanta Trojans of the United States Basketball League.
1997-98: Wisconsin Blast of the International Basketball Association.
1998: Cocodrilos de Caracas in Venezuela.
1998: Atlanta Trojans of the United States Basketball League.
1999: Atlanta Trojans of the United States Basketball League.
1999-00: St. Louis Swarm of the International Basketball League.
2000-01: St. Louis Swarm of the International Basketball League.
2001: Florida Sea Dragons of the United States Basketball League.
2001-02: Rockford Lightning of the Continental Basketball Association.
2002: Florida Sea Dragons of the United States Basketball League.
2002-03: Great Lakes Storm of the Continental Basketball Association.
2002-03: Grand Rapids Hoops of the Continental Basketball Association.
2003: Dodge City Legend of United States Basketball League.
2003: Harlem Globetrotters.
2004: Harlem Globetrotters.
2005: Harlem Globetrotters.
2005: Panteras de Miranda in Venezuela.
2005-06: Rochester RazorSharks of the American Basketball Association.
2006: Dodge City Legend of the United States Basketball League.
2006-07: Rochester RazorSharks of the American Basketball Association.

Tyler Ennis screwed him. Tyler should if/have stayed Kaleb backs him up last season and prob is ready to assume starting spot this season. But with G emergence who knows.

How dare he take millions of dollars rather than stick around to hold Kaleb Joseph's hand.

How dare he take millions of dollars rather than stick around to hold Kaleb Joseph's hand.

Just saying. I don't think Kaleb was mentally prepared to start from day 1. I know the coaching staff didn't expect it.

Unfortunately Kaleb has lost most, if not all, of his confidence. Also, the coaching staff didn't show much confidence in him either. Hard to really place the blame here. I certainly hope he can contribute this year in light of the way minutes are adding up for some of our guys.

Very strange substitution at the end of the first half. I'm as big a Joseph cheerleader as anyone (and tend to be critical of Cooney), but why make that apparent offense-for-defense sub?

Joseph's confidence has to be low; wish he'd gotten consistent minutes during the non-conference schedule.

Even in a normal scholarship situation I would bet KJ is a transfer candidate, but with the limited schollys, it may be mutually beneficial to part ways. Add him to the Tony Bland, Ramel Lloyd, Louie McCroskey list...

There are obviously things this kid is NOT doing in practice as well as what we see, or DON'T see as the case may be, in games.
Not quite sure if its just defense, decision-making, his handle, or what. I still think he'll be a fine player at SU- he has shown flashes at times. Way too early to write him off, as the OP has done.

There are obviously things this kid is NOT doing in practice as well as what we see, or DON'T see as the case may be, in games.
Not quite sure if its just defense, decision-making, his handle, or what. I still think he'll be a fine player at SU- he has shown flashes at times. Way too early to write him off, as the OP has done.
I would LOVE to have KJ as a bench/practice player for the next 2 years, but for his sake, I think he would flourish in another system. He could be a 2 year starter in the AAC or BigEast...

Edit: Maybe we return the favor to the Providence Friars?

Kaleb has plenty of time to get better and carve out a role at some point in his career at SU. He really has gotten better this season, compared to last, however 2 RS seniors are ahead of him and it looks like Frank's talent is superior and he will control the backup guard duties this year. He is still #8 in the rotation on this years squad. Minutes could still come his way...

Frank Howard is seriously going to limit KJ's potential here. I think there will be a strong 3 guard rotation of Battle, Richardson, and Howard. I'm not sure KJ will crack it.

Way too soon to write him off. Allen Griffen would be another example for Cali to consider.

It's true those guys took years to develop and had excellent senior seasons, but neither of them were nearly as highly rated or well regarded coming out of high school. Just something else to consider. I hope like anyone else that Kaleb can get it going/develop sooner rather than later, but if it's later, then so be it.

really wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer after the season

Does anyone know why he didn't play? Maybe he had the flu or something.

It was a factor, obviously the plan was for Joseph to be the backup pg, but he also has had time to improve, and it just hasn't happened.

Frank Howard is seriously going to limit KJ's potential here. I think there will be a strong 3 guard rotation of Battle, Richardson, and Howard. I'm not sure KJ will crack it.

There's a good chance Battle is just one-and-done.

Kaleb looks lost out there to me. Imho he is a transfer candidate. I think he may get one of those candid talks come year end.

There's a good chance Battle is just one-and-done.

True. I wonder if Kaleb is willing to sit around until his final year of eligibility to find out.

He played 13 minutes Tuesday night, and then basically had none last night. I wonder if he was late back to campus for Christmas break.

Just saying. I don't think Kaleb was mentally prepared to start from day 1. I know the coaching staff didn't expect it.

We may need some true PG in the pipeline to carry the team when someone like TE leaves early for the NBA. I was hoping KJ would be that guy but he's more a SG than a PG. And we have too many SG's. Are you going to play KJ over MR?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom