I hope FSU kills Mich... | Syracusefan.com

I hope FSU kills Mich...

Hate the B10 and so far FSU taking it to them.

Perhaps I'm weird because I really don't care about conferences versus teams.

Michigan is cool. Nebraska is cool. Mad respect for Iowa. Screw Ohio State. etc.

Florida State is ACC but I'd rather see a great game versus cheering for a conference alignment. I mean, I grew up hoping Georgeclown, St. John's, then UCONN in hoops and Va Tech, BC, Miami would lose every single game. (Thanks BC for making that dream come true last year.)

Michigan has a crap offense.
No real elite skill guys on offense. If their D doesn't slow down FSU this will get ugly.

Mich didnt play a RB like Cook all year in the Big10. FSU is better, the Mich offense is pathetic, the qb is second rate.

Perhaps I'm weird because I really don't care about conferences versus teams.

Michigan is cool. Nebraska is cool. Mad respect for Iowa. Screw Ohio State. etc.

Florida State is ACC but I'd rather see a great game versus cheering for a conference alignment. I mean, I grew up hoping Georgeclown, St. John's, then UCONN in hoops and Va Tech, BC, Miami would lose every single game. (Thanks BC for making that dream come true last year.)

Among the worst things about college sports is inane rooting for conferences.

In this case I loathe Harbaugh so it works out.

Among the worst things about college sports is inane rooting for conferences.

In this case I loathe Harbaugh so it works out.
Id imagine stronger football/basketball conferences mean more $$$ for their members when tv contracts come up.

It seems we're past the whole conference expansion poaching anyone issue but I'd rather not play in a trash bag football conference that ever gives FSU and Clemson a reason to look elsewhere.

More conference respect = better bowl tie-ins.

Lots of reasons to cheer for conference imo.

Id imagine stronger football/basketball conferences mean more $$$ for their members when tv contracts come up.

It seems we're past the whole conference expansion poaching anyone issue but I'd rather not play in a trash bag football conference that ever gives FSU and Clemson a reason to look elsewhere.

More conference respect = better bowl tie-ins.

Lots of reasons to cheer for conference imo.

It's kind of sad that fans are rooting for rivals because of TV and bowl money.

Ah, the beauty of amateurism.

That Jake Butt injury should shut up the Hot Takers in the media arguing these college kids who are unpaid should be compelled to play in meaningless bowl games if they don't want too.

That injury looked bad. Hope its not a torn ACL.

It's kind of sad that fans are rooting for rivals because of TV and bowl money.

Ah, the beauty of amateurism.
SEC is far from amateur and they invented the whole "conference pride" thing.

Also, why is that sad? I'd like Syracuse to have as much money as possible for our athletic programs. I'd rather have B1G money than ACC money and if ACC football keeps on the pace it is, we may see that at some point.

That Jake Butt injury should shut up the Hot Takers in the media arguing these college kids who are unpaid should be compelled to play in meaningless bowl games if they don't want too.

That injury looked bad. Hope its not a torn ACL.

It's easy to tell someone what to do when it isn't your money and you and your family's financial future. Hope the kid is ok

The announcers are making Jabril Peppers out to be the next Jake Scott or something. I mean jesus christ he is a good player and all but even if he was playing he wouldn't have made that much of a difference.

Michigan was a bit of a fraud all year and they are getting exposed tonight. I also would NOT be shocked if this is Harbaugh's last game as their coach. You have LA (his wife loves California) who will give him the keys to the kingdom as well as Indy (who has his old Stanford QB Luck waiting for him and he can win quickly there in a garbage division with another owner who will give him the keys to the kingdom)...and jobs like that don't open too often where he can get all the power.

I know everyone says he is in it for the long haul at Michigan, but I don't buy it. I think he bolts in a few weeks

SEC is far from amateur and they invented the whole "conference pride" thing.

Also, why is that sad? I'd like Syracuse to have as much money as possible for our athletic programs. I'd rather have B1G money than ACC money and if ACC football keeps on the pace it is, we may see that at some point.

ACC will never make B1G money because most conference value occurs off the field.

I was thinking UMich was robbed in the Ohio State game until I saw how they played tonight. Someone needs to add them to our OOC schedule.

College football players rarely play well in a bowl game they wish they weren't playing.

Michigan came within two inches of playing in a semifinal game (It was a good call, and I say that as a Michigan fan). This doesn't disprove their worthiness for the semifinal at all. It proves they have no heart for a lesser bowl game.

Florida State might want to get their act together at some point. Michigan has no business being in this game against the talent and athletes FSU has.

Michigan came within two inches of playing in a semifinal game (It was a good call, and I say that as a Michigan fan). This doesn't disprove their worthiness for the semifinal at all. It proves they have no heart for a lesser bowl game.

LOL. Here come the excuses already..

Last edited: