I just feel terrible for Dungey | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I just feel terrible for Dungey

All I am going to say is that I am going to talk to the kid from our high school about canceling his official. Eric got done dirty and it has been going on since Western Michigan.
Done dirty ? If anything Dino has given ED a longer rope then almost anybody else would have. We should have started seeing more Devito vs Clemson.

With all the injuries and concussions over the past 3.5 seasons. Didn't finish the year in 2015. Didn't finish the year in 2016. Didn't finish the year in 2017. This was FINALLY supposed to be the year that he played 12 games and led us to a bowl. He looked like he was about to cry every time they showed him on the sideline, but he was a great teammate at every step. When Tommy threw that pick, Dungey came over and reassured him.

Devito has to start next week. But man, I can't remember the last time I felt this bad for an SU player.
I don't think that DeVito HAS to start. But I think Dungey is now on a much shorter leash, because this play is hurting the team. The difference in velocity between the two players is STARK.

Something has been wrong with Dungey since the beginning of the year, and I just feel like the injuries have caught up with him somewhat.

I don't think that DeVito HAS to start. But I think Dungey is now on a much shorter leash, because this play is hurting the team. The difference in velocity between the two players is STARK.

Something has been wrong with Dungey since the beginning of the year, and I just feel like the injuries have caught up with him somewhat.

Your second paragraph articulates perfectly why I think Tommy has to start next week. Dungey’s arm strength looks like it’s at about 60% due to this nagging shoulder injury.

All I am going to say is that I am going to talk to the kid from our high school about canceling his official. Eric got done dirty and it has been going on since Western Michigan.

You sound like an ass. Seriously. We fell behind. He went to the back up late in the game, and the kid wins the game for us in OT. How is that "doing Dungey dirty"? You don't sound like a coach, you sound like a child - or a relative. Sheesh. Eric hasn't been that great all year. Moxie only gets you so far. Eventually, you have to hit more of your passes.

This has GOT to be the worst post in the history of the board.

So bad that I need to call a ‘Point of Parliamentary Procedure’ to get an explanation:

I’ll restate the facts so people here can catch up.

Dungey sucks today, does am absolute moronic thing by fumble-passing, gets his arse nailed to the bench like any other player would’ve...his replacement saves the day...AGAIN, and somehow he was donedirty.

Good lord.

All I want is for the kids in the Orange Laundry to get me Wins...and the kid with 13 provided that.

Let’s see more of that next weekend.

I await your explanation as to why that’s wrong.

I feel awful for Dungey. And I've felt awful the past 3 seasons when he was injured, because he leaves it all on the field, sometimes to his own detriment.

If he's injured and not capable to play at a level higher than a healthy Devito can, which definitely appears to be the case, then you have to sit him. And although it's tough, I'm sure deep down he understands. He's a competitive guy with a job to do every Saturday and so is Dino Babers. It's not personal.

You can't sacrifice a season, potentially, just to give him his proper swan song. It's not fair to the other 81 guys on the team. There's more at stake here than just Dungey/Devito.

It's really been the last 3 games. I thought he looked pretty good against UCONN, granted an inferior opponent and maybe I have a fuzzy memory but I don't remember so many overthrows and underthrows.

I can’t even fathom the depths of angst and rage you must be feeling for Strickland right now with Neal starting games... funny though, I don’t remember seeing any “done dirty” posts from you on that situation yet

With all the injuries and concussions over the past 3.5 seasons. Didn't finish the year in 2015. Didn't finish the year in 2016. Didn't finish the year in 2017. This was FINALLY supposed to be the year that he played 12 games and led us to a bowl. He looked like he was about to cry every time they showed him on the sideline, but he was a great teammate at every step. When Tommy threw that pick, Dungey came over and reassured him.

Devito has to start next week. But man, I can't remember the last time I felt this bad for an SU player.
As much as i love DeVito and look forward to his future, I think we start Dungey. If he gets to the point where he is hurting us in a game then put DeVito in. Dungey almost beat Clemson. Something seems to be bothering his throwing motion, but he is still the best competitor we have had on the field in ages. Kid has given us everything. We need to let him finish his senior year.

It's really been the last 3 games. I thought he looked pretty good against UCONN, granted an inferior opponent and maybe I have a fuzzy memory but I don't remember so many overthrows and underthrows.
Disagree -- he was clearly off against Florida State as well, the game before Connecticut.

Why stick around if they are not going to support you. Its too bad it was not before the forth game so he could have transferred somewhere where they appreciated him.
huh?

I can’t even fathom the depths of angst and rage you must be feeling for Strickland right now with Neal starting games... funny though, I don’t remember seeing any “done dirty” posts from you on that situation yet

He posted a few weeks ago how Lawrence is 1000x better than Bryant and how “screwed” SU was since Lawrence would be starting.

Interesting how different his perspective was on that one.

Dan Conley

If he was performing at his normal peak level and just got beaten out, I wouldn’t feel bad for him.

It’s gotta be very frustrating for a very good QB to be limited by a physical issue, if that is indeed what is happening. He’s always been a better passer than this. I feel for him. Awesome to see him being a leader when he was pulled.
He is a much better passer than this. I think he was just really off today. I guess he looked off at Pitt as well.

Based on this post you must be known as the town crazy person lol. Say whatever you like because no one in their right mind will take you seriously.

I feel really awful for Dungey. However, the offense wasn’t moving with him today or the past three weeks.

Devito looked untouchable out there.

I have nothing but respect and admiration for Dungey and I wish him the best. Sadly, his time at SU has come to an end.

Either this is a phenomenal job of trolling, or you're a deeply troubled individual.

You'd tell a HS kid not to visit a school because of a personal grudge that you foster over a reasonable decision?

Yep
He posted a few weeks ago how Lawrence is 1000x better than Bryant and how “screwed” SU was since Lawrence would be starting.

Interesting how different his perspective was on that one.
What Cause Bryant sucked ass

Yep

What Cause Bryant sucked ass

Eric wasn’t so good today...and Devito came in and played great and we won. So what’s the problem?

With Dungey: 20 points in 3 1/2 quarters.

With Devito: 20 points in half a quarter and OT.

Wow.

This board is amazing.

You think he should quit to get ready to play a position in the NFL he’s never played before.

Go ahead tonooint to a handful that of done it, but you are overreacting to what you think Dungey’s talents really are.

It's called the Bazely program.

Last edited by a moderator: