I Met John Wallace Tuesday Night | Syracusefan.com

I Met John Wallace Tuesday Night

bryanradams

Walk On
I went to a holiday party in Manhattan on Tuesday night and John was there chilling with a female friend. I sat at his table for a bit. Told him I was from Utica and we talked about things and had a good time. He was cool, especially when I told him that the 95-96 team was my fave. I could have talked to him all night, but I didn't want to seem like a stalker and I didn't want to get in the way of him being with his honeydip.

And speaking of that 95-96 team, I find myself comparing them to the championship team alot. I'm not sure if the 02-03 team could have beaten that Kentucky team, but I'm sure the 95-96 team would have beaten Kansas.

'Oh Canada'
images

I went to a holiday party in Manhattan on Tuesday night and John was there chilling with a female friend. I sat at his table for a bit. Told him I was from Utica and we talked about things and had a good time. He was cool, especially when I told him that the 95-96 team was my fave. I could have talked to him all night, but I didn't want to seem like a stalker and I didn't want to get in the way of him being with his honeydip.

And speaking of that 95-96 team, I find myself comparing them to the championship team alot. I'm not sure if the 02-03 team could have beaten that Kentucky team, but I'm sure the 95-96 team would have beaten Kansas.
I think there are very few teams from any year that could have beaten that pre-NBA team. One of the true gutty performances by a Syracuse team. Tony Delk---ugh!

John Wallace may be my favorite all-time player. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Carmelo too.

I'm glad the most recent story about meeting a Syracuse great isn't "I MET DICK MCPHERSON IN THE BATHROOM"
No, but one time I had to wait until Donovan McNabb came out of a bathroom to get his autograph.

I have to put the R in my name, so people don't confuse me with the Canadian.

Put aside the championship (I know that's hard), but who had a better year? Wallace's senior year or Melo's freshman season?

Put aside the championship (I know that's hard), but who had a better year? Wallace's senior year or Melo's freshman season?

Team wise it was '02-'03, even leaving out the championship.

Idividually is tougher to say; however, I think I'd have to lean towards Carmelo, considering he did average a double-double (22.2 ppg and 10.0 rpg). I think you also have to give him a slight edge for being a freshman as well.

With that being said, John Wallace is one of my top 5 favorite Orangemen.

If you look at the very last second of that clip, there's an unassuming guy in street clothes with a beanie on. That's who I was at the game with. I had already got carted off the court by a police officer for joining the celebration at mid court. My friend played it so cool that he walked on the court in the other direction. When the team lined up under the basket for photos he lined up with them and was on sports center. Good times.

The thing I loved about J Dub was how he was able to completely free himself mentally from the previous travesty against Arkansas & when it was HIS team, pack them on his back & ensure there were few bad nights. He was tough. One of THE all-time Orange players, for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom