I miss TWC | Syracusefan.com

I miss TWC

cuse62

2023 Cali Award Passing Receptions & Tackles
they had a pre game and apost game show. On Monday or Tuesday they had a Syracuse in 60 show. On Tuesday or Wednesday they had a show that previewed the next opponent.

Their prices and customer support were better and their equipment didn't feel cheap as shi t either.

Is that what was going on? I tuned in to channel 19 or whatever it was when I got back to where I was staying and all I saw were Fucillo infomercials. I was very disappointed.

My boxes got switched to Spectrum boxes 2 months ago, and we're having our first issues in twenty years.

My boxes got switched to Spectrum boxes 2 months ago, and we're having our first issues in twenty years.
Have fun paying sevice fees for every little thing. I had charter for a while in TN. Between nickle and diming for everything and trying to charge me multiple times for equipment I never had, they drove me to satellite.

Have fun paying sevice fees for every little thing. I had charter for a while in TN. Between nickle and diming for everything and trying to charge me multiple times for equipment I never had, they drove me to satellite.

Kind of a moot point as you wouldn't be getting the pre and post game shows in TN anyway.

Kind of a moot point as you wouldn't be getting the pre and post game shows in TN anyway.
I was refering to the general poor service that some were complaining about. Did you read the post that I quoted?

I noticed that ... no pre-post game coverage. It was the only reason I subscribed to TWC. Now I'm getting buffering and interrupted audio. But no price decrease in sight. Time to call them and ask them what happened to the SU content.

Last edited:
I noted that ... no pre-post game coverage. It was the only reason I subscribed to TWC. Now I'm getting buffering and interrupted audio. But no price decrease in sight. Time to call them and ask them what happened to the SU content.
I just got my quote from Fios. 10 dollars more than I'm paying for spectrum. Wha?

At least with TWC. you could sign on for 12 months and get a decent rate. I used to do that every year. Spectrum doesn't even let you do that.

At least with TWC. you could sign on for 12 months and get a decent rate. I used to do that every year. Spectrum doesn't even let you do that.
I called DirecTv today because my last six months deal had expired and got another deal for six months. Gave me $30/month off our current rate. Must have been that mention of Dish.

I called DirecTv today because my last six months deal had expired and got another deal for six months. Gave me $30/month off our current rate. Must have been that mention of Dish.

Yep I used to threaten to go to another carrier or cancel and it got TWC's attention - Spectrum doesn't seem to care.

Spectrum wants out of the Cable TV business and they want to be a fiber internet provider, a cell phone provider and more. They see the "cord cutting" that is taking place and they flat out don't care about cable TV which is why they don't budge on cable TV prices and such. While they would never admit it publicly you canceling your Cable TV service actually helps them achieve their goal. Cancel, they don't care because they plan on being out of that "business" in the coming years. They (Spectrum) want to own your internet lines and your cell phone service. Then in turn they own you! There is new technology out there were cable boxes go away and are replaced with modems and everything is streamed. It's like Cable TV but its really an entirely different way of watching TV and that is what they are trying to get to as quickly as possible.

Cable TV is an outdated model with a box and a remote control, it won't be around in a few years. Spectrum see's it and knows it, which is why they are trying to get out of that business.

Yep I used to threaten to go to another carrier or cancel and it got TWC's attention - Spectrum doesn't seem to care.
I called them last night to say I'm considering leaving after the problems we've had the last two months, after virtually none the last 20 years.
"Well we'd hate to see you go. If you decide to, you can just drop your equipment off at your local TWC location."

Well, ok then.

Spectrum wants out of the Cable TV business and they want to be a fiber internet provider, a cell phone provider and more. They see the "cord cutting" that is taking place and they flat out don't care about cable TV which is why they don't budge on cable TV prices and such. While they would never admit it publicly you canceling your Cable TV service actually helps them achieve their goal. Cancel, they don't care because they plan on being out of that "business" in the coming years. They (Spectrum) want to own your internet lines and your cell phone service. Then in turn they own you! There is new technology out there were cable boxes go away and are replaced with modems and everything is streamed. It's like Cable TV but its really an entirely different way of watching TV and that is what they are trying to get to as quickly as possible.

Cable TV is an outdated model with a box and a remote control, it won't be around in a few years. Spectrum see's it and knows it, which is why they are trying to get out of that business.
I see the trend. Unfortunately, where is the outlet for SU 3d tier programming -- the coaches shows, the pre-game/post-game analysis? This is valuable content, at least in Orange country. Is no one going to air those programs? Seems to me the AD should be concerned about that -- or maybe it'll be part of the ESPN linear channel package coming in 2 years!! That's long time to wait for a coache's show. God.

I see the trend. Unfortunately, where is the outlet for SU 3d tier programming -- the coaches shows, the pre-game/post-game analysis? This is valuable content, at least in Orange country. Is no one going to air those programs? Seems to me the AD should be concerned about that -- or maybe it'll be part of the ESPN linear channel package coming in 2 years!! That's long time to wait for a coache's show. God.

Perhaps once the ACC network is operating fully they'll show stuff like that on there. I believe the Big 10 network does for those schools. The ACC app on my Roku seems pretty useless at this point in time.

I made sure to cancel my internet with them too when I left.

As soon as I can dump Spectrum, I will absolutely do that. And I won't be purchasing any other service from them either (internet, cell service, teleportation or anything else they think they will control).

Switched to Centorylink and am 100% streaming now. Sling Orange gets me WatchESPN app which has most SU games.

A month after switching Spectrum sent me an offer for bundled service at $30/month ... except in the fine print it is far more.

If we lose net neutrality then everything WILL change and all this will get a lot more expensive regardless of changes in technology. Good thing I still read paper books and newspapers, we'll be back there soon enough.

I made sure to cancel my internet with them too when I left.

Which is good the issue is they will be the largest provider and the cheapest provider in time. So they will control the market

Which is good the issue is they will be the largest provider and the cheapest provider in time. So they will control the market
Where I live now comcast is the cable company. Knoxville is divided between 3 different companies. Right now I have AT&T Uverse.

it wont be all that long until the internet becomes the most expensive piece. look how cell phone plan costs have gone thru the roof and they have some competition. Many people have 1 internet supplier and never will have 2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom