I need to bleach my eyes... | Syracusefan.com

I need to bleach my eyes...

That game was a travesty to the term "basketball." I'd rather have to bleach them after a win though. Can't shoot, and then can't miss. What the h#ll did I just watch?

GO ORANGE!

It is hard to watch a game like that. I actually feel bad for Tyler Lydon playing center in the zone. He is playing ole defense by design, to keep his fouls down, and then he is out of position, or just gets bumped 5 feet in any direction. It is painful to see, it makes me squirm. It's not basketball, it's not defense, it's the NFL approach of bend don't break, just giving up 2s rather than 3s. The win is huge, but I hope they come back from the long break with some more determination getting after loose balls and playing physical ball. Not gonna bail yourselves out most nights like that against a good team.

LGO!

I was so disgusted that I thought they were about to pi*ss their whole season away that I couldn't even fully enjoy that amazing comeback! I should be jumping off the walls right now, but I'm more relieved than anything. And yes, even as I watched G's 3 splash, I was screaming at what a poor shot it was. They won, right? Oh yeah - OK LGO!:bat:

Anyone notice the way Buzz got his players to blow up picks by having his bigs essentially run through the guy setting the pick? There were a couple times that T-Rob ended up nearly over halfcourt from the push out of the way. How is that not a foul?

How can we play so well, then play so poorly, then play so well, etc. etc. and so forth?? There is no way we should have come out so flat against VT. They looked unconfident, no one wanted to shoot, they were hapless. A good friend who went to VT was texting me throughout the entire game and I congratulated her for the win because it seemed clear to me that VT WAS GOING TO WIN. Then, like Lazarus, up they spring again!

WHY were they so off tonight? What's the story behind the story?

How can we play so well, then play so poorly, then play so well, etc. etc. and so forth?? There is no way we should have come out so flat against VT. They looked unconfident, no one wanted to shoot, they were hapless. A good friend who went to VT was texting me throughout the entire game and I congratulated her for the win because it seemed clear to me that VT WAS GOING TO WIN. Then, like Lazarus, up they spring again!

WHY were they so off tonight? What's the story behind the story?

3 games in 6 days.

JB coached his butt off again. I watch him coach the players during each timeout and I've never seen him as animated has he's been this year with all the players. Ripping everyone when they made a mistake. He clearly is trying his best to get everything he can out of this team. The will to finish games has been so much better since he's been back. Even on a poor shooting night, the guys were still firing and that's now what happened against Pitt, Miami, and Clemson early in the year.

JB coached his butt off again. I watch him coach the players during each timeout and I've never seen him as animated has he's been this year with all the players. Ripping everyone when they made a mistake. He clearly is trying his best to get everything he can out of this team. The will to finish games has been so much better since he's been back. Even on a poor shooting night, the guys were still firing and that's now what happened against Pitt, Miami, and Clemson early in the year.

I was impressed watching him teach during the game. He sat at different times talking to Frank Howard, Tyler Lydon and DC pointing out things on the floor - not yelling just talking, pointing and gesturing. It's impressive how JB does that all the while keeping his head into the game too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom