I seriously doubt the Yankees will not try to up grade their starters for 2016 | Syracusefan.com

I seriously doubt the Yankees will not try to up grade their starters for 2016

CaliCuse

All American
CC isn't going to get younger and less fragile Now whether the other pitcher comes from within or with a FA is the real question here They might decide to to put Warren back into the rotation which is the most simple was and likely the least expensive Tanaka Pineda,Severino,Eovaldi and Warren make for a decent rotation. Add a 2nd baseman that can hit AND field and they might be set.

Scott Kazmir is going to be a Yankee or Dodger next year. He is a FA and won't have compensation attached. He is a LHP and won't get a lot of years on his contract.
Don't be so sure on your premise.
Tanaka, Pineda, Severino, Kazmir, Eovaldi/Nova/Sabathia.

Between Tanaka, Pineda, Severino and Eavoldi I don't think they're far off if they stay healthy and get a solid 5th and 6h options from Nova and Warren.

They could really use a guy that gets deeper in to games

Scott Kazmir is going to be a Yankee or Dodger next year. He is a FA and won't have compensation attached. He is a LHP and won't get a lot of years on his contract.
Don't be so sure on your premise.
Tanaka, Pineda, Severino, Kazmir, Eovaldi/Nova/Sabathia.
Nova has lost something after his surgery. He was almost a "lights out kind of talent. Now I hold my breath when he is out there and men on base. As far as Kazmir is concerned,it sounds good if it plays out like you say. Hey, I'll root for you to be right!

I never saw Nova as a "lights out" guy. He has always allowed a lot of balls to be put into play and miraculously does not give up runs. Guys like that worry me, but I cannot complain about his success so far.

CC: 2016 - $25 million, 2017 - $25 mil / $5 mil buyout

Nova: 2016 - Arbitration eligible, 2017 - Free agent

Eovaldi: 2016 - Arbitration eligible, 2017 - Arb eligible

Pineda: 2016 - Arbitration eligible, 2017 - Arb eligible.