I think this Maryland game will come down to.. | Syracusefan.com

I think this Maryland game will come down to..

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Toughness. We have to hit this Maryland offense and we have to hit them hard. Thank god we have the linebackers we do, namely Cam, and other big hitters like Eskridge. If we punish the Terps for every yard they try to take, I think we will succeed. This will be a battle in the trenches and a war throughout the field. Get CJ Brown always looking over his shoulder and thinking twice. Our pass rush can create worry, I'm confident in that. Honestly I'd like HCSS to keep up with unleashing Cam Lynch on blitzes and nailing that QB. Would love to see the first Maryland wideout who attacks the middle get leveled. This game is ACC vs B1G. Hardnosed vs soft nosed. Syracuse vs Maryland. Lets not only beat them, lets punish them. I don't think that this Maryland offense is nearly as formidable as statistics or previews may show. Browns a shaky QB, and they had big yardage against a Big 12 WVU that we know doesn't play defense.

LGO

I think it's going to come down to the offense and GMcD. If we can put up points consistently and keep the defense off the field we will win. I don't think we are going to shut down Maryland like CMU. We have to keep them from having long sustaining drives.

I think it's going to come down to the offense and GMcD. If we can put up points consistently and keep the defense off the field we will win. I don't think we are going to shut down Maryland like CMU. We have to keep them from having long sustaining drives.

I think the offense will show up. It's the most meaningful home game we've had in a long time. I think the offense starts hot, but then the game shifts to a defensive battle.

I have confidence in our ability to pull off the needed win in the Dome. This is the game where if we're hard-nosed, we play like it. Time to light a fire under the loud house's as$

"The key to this game will be who scores more points."

upload_2014-9-17_11-28-2.jpeg

I think the offense will show up. It's the most meaningful home game we've had in a long time. I think the offense starts hot, but then the game shifts to a defensive battle.

I have confidence in our ability to pull off the needed win in the Dome. This is the game where if we're hard-nosed, we play like it. Time to light a fire under the loud house's as$

Unfortunately, even with Giansante's comments, I do not think we eclipse 40k this weekend. Unless we have a large walk up we are lookin' at 35k-37k. We can still get it fairly loud in there.

This is what we are lookin' at. Dark blue means seats plentiful while light blue means limited and gray is none.

Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 11.29.43 AM.png

Blue dots are open seats...

Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 11.31.55 AM.png

This is what we are lookin' at. Dark blue means seats plentiful while light blue means limited and gray is none.

View attachment 24525

I'm not trying to start a battle with Syracuse Alum...

But UB alone, yes UB, has been averaging well over 5,000 students attending this season. I want to see a more consistent Syracuse student fan base coming into the dome and staying. You're a D1 ACC program for god sakes.

But UB alone, yes UB, has been averaging well over 5,000 students attending this season. I want to see a more consistent Syracuse student fan base coming into the dome and staying. You're a D1 ACC program for god sakes.

You need to make a sign with what you wrote and march up and down Marshall Street with it.

so UB which has a capacity of 31K sold 20k and 24K for the first 2 games. one of those was a night game against top 10 Baylor and student tickets are free.

so UB which has a capacity of 31K sold 20k and 24K for the first 2 games. one of those was a night game against top 10 Baylor and student tickets are free.
Showed up with over 5,000 (students) to play Duquesne too. Don't need FSU or Clemson to get excited about football even when your team sucks (UB).

Edit: Also UB doesn't have nearly the surrounding community support that SU has. Syracuse people care about SU football (I hope). Buffalo people couldn't give two shites about UB football.

TrueBlue -- I think I like pretty much all your posts but I have to say that your formula for victory here can/should be applied to all our games.

I do think we haven't been showing the hardest of noses to our opponents so far this year ...

I don't think CJ is as bad of a QB as mentioned. If our secondary doesn't do a good job bumping/covering the receivers CJ could convert on short curls and slants before the D gets to him. Now that I said that he'll throw 4 interceptions, lol :)

Our D will pressure him throughout the game and if the secondary can contain we should be good. I think offensively we'll be fine.

this game will come down to offense coordinator creativity---we are on the short end with this.---mcd is not creative he either goes back to well (hunt)or moves to desperation offense with a multitude of of disconnected plays with no plan---our lack of a fg kicker doesn't help either

Toughness. We have to hit this Maryland offense and we have to hit them hard. Thank god we have the linebackers we do, namely Cam, and other big hitters like Eskridge. If we punish the Terps for every yard they try to take, I think we will succeed. This will be a battle in the trenches and a war throughout the field. Get CJ Brown always looking over his shoulder and thinking twice. Our pass rush can create worry, I'm confident in that. Honestly I'd like HCSS to keep up with unleashing Cam Lynch on blitzes and nailing that QB. Would love to see the first Maryland wideout who attacks the middle get leveled. This game is ACC vs B1G. Hardnosed vs soft nosed. Syracuse vs Maryland. Lets not only beat them, lets punish them. I don't think that this Maryland offense is nearly as formidable as statistics or previews may show. Browns a shaky QB, and they had big yardage against a Big 12 WVU that we know doesn't play defense.

LGO

Just treat Brown like he is Geno Smith. I'll never forget that last WV game at the Dome. Geno did not want to be there.

Idk, I feel like our defense will have a bigger say in the outcome of the game. Another running QB with very good WR play, our kryptonite x2. Im very concerned about this game. Unfortunately I don't have much faith in Bullough, hope he proves me wrong.

I'm going to offer up a completely clueless guess as to what McD is doing ... mainly because I really, really, really want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He has a vision. Yes. A vision. A vision of what this offense should be. The problem is, unfortunately, that we do not quite have the athletes to execute that vision. We don't have burners out wide, regardless of all the press Estime has received .. and Broyld seems to hold back at times for some reason instead of just going for it, but even with that Ashton has been successful. I'm going to be very hopeful for Ishmael and Erv, however.

The negative side to this is that McD doesn't seem to understand how to adjust the offensive calls to the talent he currently has. Makes me think of blinders on a blind horse that can't run on an oval track. Hopefully he will realize what the talent on the field is capable of, the strong suits, and take advantage of what we CAN do instead of trying to execute an offense he wishes the team could implement. I know we did well against CMU but that was more our O line getting the push than McD taking advantage of our strengths ... uhm, wait ... we DID take advantage of our strengths against CMU - we ran an offensive that took advantage of our strengths against the CMU defense!

Just a wild guess. I remain optimistic that McD will learn ... I remain optimistic ... and, I remain optimistic.

Sincerely,

Just a fan with blinders on :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom