I would love a player like John Mooney on our team | Syracusefan.com

I would love a player like John Mooney on our team

Eric15

Living Legend
6'9", 240 lbs, is not going to get moved around in the paint. You can feed him the ball in the post, and he calmly knows what to do with it. He can create his own shot, can shoot it from outside, and get to the line. He can rebound. And he's a 4 year program player.

He's just a basketball player, at the end of the day. Not just a guy who's tall.

6'9", 240 lbs, is not going to get moved around in the paint. You can feed him the ball in the post, and he calmly knows what to do with it. He can create his own shot, can shoot it from outside, and get to the line. He can rebound. And he's a 4 year program player.

He's just a basketball player, at the end of the day. Not just a guy who's tall.
I can’t recall us ever getting a player like him. ND, on the other hand, always seems to produce guys like him every year.

you prefer a player like that to a seven foot stringbean with no skills who might block a shot ?

His only offers were Florida and UCF.

Lots of people missed on this kid.

I feel like everybody has guys like that. It’s not normal to see what we’re seeing from PC/BS, maybe theyre hurt, maybe they’re just not skilled, but whatever it is... we’re the outlier, not teams having competence at the 5.

Last edited:
I know Taurean Thompson was weird and had an annoying Mom and was often a space cadet on defense, but he was a legitimately skilled big man. Chewy and Sidibe always look like they're confused once they receive the ball in their hands.

Never. Maybe in terms of iq but physicality? No way. Marek has extremely narrow shoulders. It’s not even just about the weight difference which in this case is also hugely different

I mean skill set mainly. Free throw line shot, nose for the ball.

I know Taurean Thompson was weird and had an annoying Mom and was often a space cadet on defense, but he was a legitimately skilled big man. Chewy and Sidibe always look like they're confused once they receive the ball in their hands.
That lob to Chukwu was quite literally unbelievable to watch.

Ok, fine, you can’t covert the alley-opp, no worries. You’re over 7 feet tall... basic stuff... come down with the ball, keep it above your head, and go right back up with it. I mean, even if he was skilled, gathering like he did is stuff you teach middle school kids not to do.

That lob to Chukwu was quite literally unbelievable to watch.

Ok, fine, you can’t covert the alley-opp, no worries. You’re over 7 feet tall... basic stuff... come down with the ball, keep it above your head, and go right back up with it. I mean, even if he was skilled, gathering like he did is stuff you teach middle school kids not to do.

I could dunk on a vertical at age 34 and 20 pounds over weight being 8 inches shorter than Chukwu, it makes no sense how awful he is.

We need another Fab Melo or Craig Forth. For all Fab’s off the court faults, as a soph he was an amazing center. Brawny and athletic, and could score and draw charges. A unique skill set for a 7-foot 260 lb big man.

Rick Jackson was his size and Arinze Onuaku was larger weight wise. I really miss bigs like them. I can remember destroying North Carolina with them.
Yeah, but neither of those guys took a shot outside of 5 feet

We need another Fab Melo or Craig Forth. For all Fab’s off the court faults, as a soph he was an amazing center. Brawny and athletic, and could score and draw charges. A unique skill set for a 7-foot 260 lb big man.

I'll take McNeil over Forth.

Some people would play basketball regardless of their height, others because they are unusually tall. We have the latter.

Maybe guys like that don’t sign here because we don’t enter the ball to the post.

We had a nice stretch of bigs that fit that mold, Onuaku, Jackson, Melo, Christmas, even Coleman although his knees just fell apart.

Go back even further and you can include Otis Hill.

We’ve been deficient at Center since Rak left, but the narrative that we don’t ever have a capable center is simply false.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom