I would love to know, how many times with the | Syracusefan.com

I would love to know, how many times with the

shot clock winding down, some orange player will find Cooney and force him to take the wild 3 pt shot as the clock expires? Has to be on average once a game. Take 20 missed 3's off his total and what is his %?
I tend to agree, but he's a weird shooter in that he makes really hard shots and misses a lot of really easy ones.

What I want to know is why in the name of the holy spirit was cooney bringing the ball up when we benched G for fouls. That was a bad sequence.

shot clock winding down, some orange player will find Cooney and force him to take the wild 3 pt shot as the clock expires? Has to be on average once a game. Take 20 missed 3's off his total and what is his %?

Its no accident that they do that. Cooney lead the country in 3 point % with the shot clock expiring last year, and I don't know the numbers for this year, but I would think he'd be towards the top again.

Who would you rather see get fouled bringing up the ball, Mike G or Cooney?
I think you mis-understood me. G was benched for foul trouble. Cooney brought the ball up in his stead instead of Howard. It wasn't pretty.

There have been several. Most notably TC was the UConn end of game when they wouldn't foul him an he just ran the clock down to the very end and launched. It hit the rim, TR got the rebound and that was it. On the other side though, TC missed a wide open 3 with one second left against Clemson.

This team needs someone to get clutch in a hurry. Mal's clunker FT against Clemson really hurt. MG missed the front end of the one and one last night in crunch time.

Who would you rather see get fouled bringing up the ball, Mike G or Cooney?

Cooney needs the ball at the end of games. I'm tired of seeing G and Mal choke at the line at the end of games. It's already cost us twice (Wisconsin/Clemson) and almost cost us again last night.

It's actually not too bad right now with those misses in there (37.3%), considering he shoots 7.5 of them per game.

But to answer your question, he would be at 43.1%.

Screenshot_2016-01-19-12-29-59.png

It's actually not too bad right now with those misses in there (37.3%), considering he shoots 7.5 of them per game.

But to answer your question, he would be at 43.1%.

View attachment 54847

Didnt Kaleb start 2/2 in his 1st 5-10 min of the season? And now 2/13 in 113 minutes. Yikes.

dasher said:

Definitely averages 1 a game.

Hes made a few though

GoHamSU said:
What I want to know is why in the name of the holy spirit was cooney bringing the ball up when we benched G for fouls. That was a bad sequence.

He had no trouble bringing the ball up court. What you might rather ask is if the plan for those last few possessions was Trevor to hunt shots cause that's what he did 3 straight possessions. Made a 3 I think.

Its no accident that they do that. Cooney lead the country in 3 point % with the shot clock expiring last year, and I don't know the numbers for this year, but I would think he'd be towards the top again.
What site do you use to pull that Stat? I've never even heard that referenced before for a college player. Thanks!!!
It would be a neat Stat if those heaves actually raise overall percentage.

What site do you use to pull that Stat? I've never even heard that referenced before for a college player. Thanks!!!
It would be a neat Stat if those heaves actually raise overall percentage.

Didn't see it online, but I heard it several times on radio and television broadcasts.

General20 said:

Stop with your math and stats! No place for that here.

44cuse

I didn't realize cooneya shot percentage this year was that good.

He is actually shooting 41% from 3 in ACC play this year.

He is having a fine season...

He is actually shooting 41% from 3 in ACC play this year.

He is having a fine season...
My point is that those numbers are actually better because he is forced to take other peoples bad shots.

My point is that those numbers are actually better because he is forced to take other peoples bad shots.

*shrug*
This is common in basketball at all levels. When the shot clock runs down, teams give it to one of their best players to make a play. I'm not sure why you think this is specific to Cooney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom