I would love to see Gary Sanchez--- | Syracusefan.com

I would love to see Gary Sanchez---

CaliCuse

All American
get the Yankees backup catch role.He would get the benefit of learning blocking techniques from McCann. He has a strong bat and rifle arm so he isn't that far from being a huge Yankee weapon. JR was beginning to hit but he was never going to be a power guy in his back-up position. Austin Romine should either be traded or DFA'ed. or sent down until he finds some offense his game.

i expect sanchez and bird to be 1 hell of a 1-2 punch in the middle of the Scranton Yankee lineup.

we will certainly see him in the Bronx at some point next year, but McCann is getting 130+ games behind the plate, barring injury.

You don't bring a kid like that up to be a backup, you either make him the starter, or let him get ab's at AAA.

Romine was in Scranton last year. You want him sent down to Trenton?

i expect sanchez and bird to be 1 hell of a 1-2 punch in the middle of the Scranton Yankee lineup.

we will certainly see him in the Bronx at some point next year, but McCann is getting 130+ games behind the plate, barring injury.
I would think that Bird will go down to Scranton until Tex breaks himself again. It shouldn't be long .Romine is an automatic out. How long will Joe want to put up with this? There are other catching prospects in the system but Gary is the most likely to stay and go north.

--about his improvement on defense and his bat. It seems ass though they are setting him up as the #2 catcher this year which I'm in favor of happening. I know there is the thought that he gets sent down to play full-time but he has NOW value at the plate and will have a good amount of playing time in the majors to relieve BrianMcCann.Austin Romine is a solid out at the plate and the Yankees can't stand another one of those types next season I'll be surprised if he is still around next year. There is always the chance they keep him around as multiple insurance. The farm has a few players still in development down below but they aren't near ready.