I wouldn't freak out over house being searched.. | Syracusefan.com

I wouldn't freak out over house being searched..

liljoe

Scout Team
It had to happen, guilty or not.

Having two individuals accuse you of any crime is going to be enough for probable cause to get a search warrant. It's the logical next step.. If in that search they don't find anything to back up the accusations, then you start looking into the legitimacy of the accusers, and if the real crime is false statements.

Even if the police are suspicious of the accusations, I think this had to happen. To me it would be the only way to move the case forward in any meaningful direction.

Joe, I would agree except it bothers me who did the search.

My house gets searched like every other day. No big whoop.

My house gets searched like every other day. No big whoop.

"Some of the coaches, when their house gets searched, they spit on the floor. Spit on their own floor, I never understood that! It's best to just be polite and call the lawyer."

Joe, I would agree except it bothers me who did the search.

It had to be feds. SPD has no right for any search as the crime that Fine is being accused of had statue of limitations expire like a decade ago.

It had to happen, guilty or not.

Having two individuals accuse you of any crime is going to be enough for probable cause to get a search warrant. It's the logical next step.. If in that search they don't find anything to back up the accusations, then you start looking into the legitimacy of the accusers, and if the real crime is false statements.

Even if the police are suspicious of the accusations, I think this had to happen. To me it would be the only way to move the case forward in any meaningful direction.

It might mean this thing has gone into multiple directions. I mean if this was only about 2 druggies who nobody in their right mind would ever believe why would so many agencies even be involved? SPD, ODA, US AG, federal investigators, secret service, state troopers.

It might mean this thing has gone into multiple directions. I mean if this was only about 2 druggies who nobody in their right mind would ever believe why would so many agencies even be involved? SPD, ODA, US AG, federal investigators, secret service, state troopers.

Law enforcement tends to go overboard every time there is national media attention. I wouldn't look too much into it until new evidence is actually released.

At least I hope :(

several good potential reasons for all this activity:
1. SOLs in other states go for 30 years or more--were kids taken over state lines
2. Over state lines Feds get involved
3. Cover up by SPD, DA...etc...everyone wants to be off hook
4. Perhaps one investigative authority asked for help from another

Possible reasons...maybe true maybe not

Put this in other thread, but still applies --

A few things:

1. A search warrant requires current evidence. The Davis/Lang stuff is beyond stale & relates to another residence. The only way that evidence is relevant to a current search warrant is if it was part of showing ongoing abuse stretching over decades. Regardless of federal &/or other state SOL's Davis/Lang decades old evidence don't get you a current search warrant.

2. Not uncommon for multiple agencies to assist on a search warrant especially on a holiday weekend. My Dad was in federal law enforcement & often assisted other federal, state, & local agencies. Having said that, it is also the case that other agencies assist to lend their particular area of expertise to the search for evidence.

3. BF's house is not in the City so outside SPD's jurisdiction. While SPD could get warrant to search outside City, it would still have to relate to a crime that happened in the City.

4. The fact that SPD asked Feds to get involved given this search warrant is interesting. As mentioned, you don't get a search warrant without current information. Also NYSP getting involved is interesting be ause they have statewide jurisdiction.

5. Putting this all together, there has to be some new allegation made by someone that was found credible by law enforcement. What and who is speculation, but there has to be something new.

6. Keep an open mind. This is no longer just about Davis/Lang. From experience, "new" evidence does not always prove to be true, but IMHO there is some new development.

Who's freaking out? I'm not freaking out.. Really, it's just the cops CYA...

freaking.jpg

A few things:

1. A search warrant requires current evidence. The Davis/Lang stuff is beyond stale & relates to another residence. The only way that evidence is relevant to a current search warrant is if it was part of showing ongoing abuse stretching over decades. Regardless of federal &/or other state SOL's Davis/Lang decades old evidence don't get you a current search warrant.

2. Not uncommon for multiple agencies to assist on a search warrant especially on a holiday weekend. My Dad was in federal law enforcement & often assisted other federal, state, & local agencies. Having said that, it is also the case that other agencies assist to lend their particular area of expertise to the search for evidence.

3. BF's house is not in the City so outside SPD's jurisdiction. While SPD could get warrant to search outside City, it would still have to relate to a crime that happened in the City.

4. The fact that SPD asked Feds to get involved given this search warrant is interesting. As mentioned, you don't get a search warrant without current information. Also NYSP getting involved is interesting be ause they have statewide jurisdiction.

5. Putting this all together, there has to be some new allegation made by someone that was found credible by law enforcement. What and who is speculation, but there has to be something new.

6. Keep an open mind. This is no longer just about Davis/Lang. From experience, "new" evidence does not always prove to be true, but IMHO there is some new development.

Just curious. Does this have anything to do with the fact that some of the claims were made while they were in New Orleans and I think the fed SOL is 30 years? O do you think this is based solely on new claims? Thanks.

Maybe Bernie was printing off his own money in the woods. Hence the secret service. Either that or Biden sent them in to destroy all evidence ;)

Sent from my Evo Shift using Tapatalk

OK, when should we worry then?

You can worry whenever you want. Maybe this is bad. My point simply is, don't take the search warrant to mean all is lost for Bernie. I'll worry when I hear about a grand jury, or that Bernie has been taken into custody. Those will mean something.

A few things:

Good points. Do you, or anyone, know where Bernie was living in 2002? Was it the house that got searched today?

Just an after thought-

If you are Bernie, and you have nothing to hide, don't you kind of want to Police to be this thorough?

If I'm Bernie, and I have nothing to hide, I welcome law enforcement into my house with open arms. If Bernie is innocent, an open and transparent investigation is important to restoring his good name. Anything less, and the specter of a cover-up will always exist.

Just an after thought-

If you are Bernie, and you have nothing to hide, don't you kind of want to Police to be this thorough?

If I'm Bernie, and I have nothing to hide, I open law enforcement in with open arms. If Bernie is innocent, an open and transparent investigation is important to restoring his good name. Anything less, and the specter of a cover-up will always exist.

Well said and I agree. I'd also be screaming from the mountain tops.

His house gets searched the day after our boy was in Albany partying it up allegation style according to his fb. Lol.

Just curious. Does this have anything to do with the fact that some of the claims were made while they were in New Orleans and I think the fed SOL is 30 years? O do you think this is based solely on new claims? Thanks.

Since the New Orleans evidence would be "old" evidence, I don't see how it could support a current search warrant even if the crime was still within the statute of limitations. Simplified, to get a search warrant you have to supply evidence which establishes probable cause to believe a person or evidence is presently within the residence to be searched. It can't be stale information because the older it is, the less the likelihood that the person or the evidence is still there. Stale (read "old") evidence doesn't support a search warrant even if the statute of limitations has not run. It's for this reason that IMHO something "new" has come up.

OrangeHeel (Using my relative's account)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom