I wouldn't rule Culpepper out from the starter next year | Syracusefan.com

I wouldn't rule Culpepper out from the starter next year

CaliCuse

All American
Both he and Dungey have a similar sty but Rex may have a better arm.Regardless this makes fora terrific tandem at QB for a change for who ever is the head coach. I think its going to be Shafer unless Coyle has someone in mind and wants him in the program NOW.Assistant coaches are not at all secure.

I wouldn't count on Culpepper for anything yet, seeing as Shafer seems to be on the hot seat.

Might be hard for him to find a good school late coming off an ACL injury.

He has to beat out Dungey, Mahoney and possibly Hunt.

Yeah lots of factors just for him to make it here if there is a change.

From what I've heard (which is admittedly not from campus authority or the culpepper camp) is that he's coming in early and he will be here regardless. His commitment (and all the early enrollees if they come early) might already be setup with financial aid papers (yes not an LOI) at the time Shafer could be fired, and only a week or so from getting onto campus before a new staff is fully brought in. If they want to come regardless of staff changes, I think those guys are locked in. It's the other guys signing in February that would be at risk of flipping/not having their offered honored.

I believe that its been reported that he is "near"100% Of course that would need to be verified by someone we trust.Depending on the kind of surgery he had recovery time can greatly vary.The OL needs to be jacked way up next yearor Dungey is going to take himself out of football with head issues. Not to mention the lack of a running game. It starts withPalmer moving to RG instead of RT which he is physically not prepared for. He mifght excel at the guard position instead of just filling in at tackle

Yeah lots of factors just for him to make it here if there is a change.

He has already signed financial aid papers. He'll be here in Jan.