Ideas for a Dome trademark entrance | Syracusefan.com

Ideas for a Dome trademark entrance

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Dan7800 mentioned it in another thread.

Anyone have any ideas for a trademark entrance?

FSU and Clemson each have one, and so do other teams.

We got the Dome, growing interest from the local fan base, a$$e$ in the seats will increase assuming we win. Lets have some fun with this.

I think we should add some orange tinted lighting. With the lighting company in Syracuse and a roof, we should be able to do something cool. Maybe transpose some images on the field like they do for hockey and basketball games in pro arenas. That would be a start.

We got the Dome, growing interest from the local fan base, a$$e$ in the seats will increase assuming we win. Lets have some fun with this.
I encourage it. I invite the most creative imaginations on this board to this thread.

I look forward to your contributions after you've had a few.

It. Will. Never. Happen.
We are a small private NE school. FB is a thing we do, not who we are.

subs.jpg

Otto rides in on a mule, with a flaming tiki torch, and sticks it into the 44 yard line, as the players run into the stadium after touching a glowing toxic fish testicle from Onondaga Lake as the fanbase does nothing offensive with their arms and voices.

Trouble is, we have no "tradition", and I think one just happens. You can't force one. Whatever you come up with, a portion of the fans will hate it, especially in Syracuse.

I think we should add some orange tinted lighting. With the lighting company in Syracuse and a roof, we should be able to do something cool. Maybe transpose some images on the field like they do for hockey and basketball games in pro arenas. That would be a start.
We are the only indoor college football stadium in the country. It would be awesome if they could turn the lights down and make a cool entrance with orange fog and lighting effects.

Traditions can be born. Chief Osceola and Renegade didn't start until 1978. It's not like they were doing this in 1920

In 1978 members of a Native American student organization headed a protest against using the Saltine Warrior as an athletic mascot. Onondagan Chief Oren Lyons, a 1958 alumnus and former SU lacrosse star, explained that it's "all in the presentation...The thing that offended me when I was there was that guy running around like a nut. That's derogatory" (Daily Orange, March 23, 1976). The Saltine Warrior was subsequently "sidelined" and a contest for a successor ensued (Daily Orange, February 12, 1978).

Let's embrace our history, change the 'presentation' to represent the proud, brave history of the natives to cny. Bring back the Saltine Warrior!!!

Orangefizz said:
In 1978 members of a Native American student organization headed a protest against using the Saltine Warrior as an athletic mascot. Onondagan Chief Oren Lyons, a 1958 alumnus and former SU lacrosse star, explained that it's "all in the presentation...The thing that offended me when I was there was that guy running around like a nut. That's derogatory" (Daily Orange, March 23, 1976). The Saltine Warrior was subsequently "sidelined" and a contest for a successor ensued (Daily Orange, February 12, 1978). Let's embrace our history, change the 'presentation' to represent the proud, brave history of the natives to cny. Bring back the Saltine Warrior!!!

So in 1978, we moved away from using a Native American symbol in our FB program and FSU,in the very same year said. "Fuq it, we're putting a dude with war paint on a horse carrying a flaming spear in our entrance. And he's going to toss that spear into the 50 yard to make sure everyone sees it".

Let's embrace our history, change the 'presentation' to represent the proud, brave history of the natives to cny. Bring back the Saltine Warrior!!!
Otto is a unique and nationally recognized mascot. If paying tribute to Native Americans is important to you, there are probably more meaningful ways of doing that.

Otto is a unique and nationally recognized mascot. If paying tribute to Native Americans is important to you, there are probably more meaningful ways of doing that.
Absolutely captialize on Otto. I'm not sure who does the artwork of the beefed up Otto but the costume should look like that.

Otto rides in on a mule, with a flaming tiki torch, and sticks it into the 44 yard line, as the players run into the stadium after touching a glowing toxic fish testicle from Onondaga Lake as the fanbase does nothing offensive with their arms and voices.

Trouble is, we have no "tradition", and I think one just happens. You can't force one. Whatever you come up with, a portion of the fans will hate it, especially in Syracuse.

Most often they don't just happen.

For example the SU BB "stand and clap till we score" tradition was a direct rip off of the same tradition seen by Coach Boeheim's team one year earlier at New Mexico.

We had many traditions in football most of which have been discarded year after year.

We can start bringing them back by re-introducing the Saltine Warrior fight song, the name Orangemen, the TD Bell and the traditional uniforms.