If, and that's a big if, Phil Montgomery | Syracusefan.com

If, and that's a big if, Phil Montgomery

GoSU96

Living Legend
I think this round of interviews is prepping for the future. I don't think Marrone leaves here for the jobs he's been mentioned for, unless he gets a crazy offer.

But if he does, go get a guy groomed by Art Briles.

If he is offered a job he goes. You don't take these interviews with no intention of taking the jobs. Theses NFL teams see that and its a red mark next to your name. One you waste their time which they hate. Two it makes you (the candidate) look foolish for NOT wanting an NFL job.

If he is offered a job he goes. You don't take these interviews with no intention of taking the jobs. Theses NFL teams see that and its a red mark next to your name. One you waste their time which they hate. Two it makes you (the candidate) look foolish for NOT wanting an NFL job.

I agree but bills and or Jacksonville is probably job 31 and 32 in the NFL, Cleveland is not a great job but better, the bills always wind up getting choice 3 or 4... Look at chan gailey, I doubt they were high fiving and chest bumping when chan said yes... Now if the bears or eagles were calling that is different, I think chip Kelly and bill o Brien will have some decisions to make here shortly

I agree but bills and or Jacksonville is probably job 31 and 32 in the NFL, Cleveland is not a great job but better, the bills always wind up getting choice 3 or 4... Look at chan gailey, I doubt they were high fiving and chest bumping when chan said yes... Now if the bears or eagles were calling that is different, I think chip Kelly and bill o Brien will have some decisions to make here shortly
Buddy nix is an old fool that liked gaileys drawl. The bills aren't a hot spot but its not that bad.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bump, he should have been considered then, sign him now.

Imagine any of Dungey, Mahoney, Womack, or Scott in the Baylor offense.

Passing offense that likes mobile QB's.

They all would fit.

They all would fit.

Yeah, surprised he's not getting more press for any job this time around. Big buyout?

They all would fit.

He's already on his way to meeting the season 3 criteria at Tulsa. Took a team that was 3-9 and 2-10 in the two years before he got there and was 6-6 this year.

Took their total offense/game from 59th to 13th in one season.

Not too shabby.

He's got everything, but the recruiting contacts (that's why I like Babers a bit better (has been in the Midwest past 4 years)-that and i think Babers would hang around longer). I'd be very happy to get him, though. prefer him over Frost with the HC experience.

He's already on his way to meeting the season 3 criteria at Tulsa. Took a team that was 3-9 and 2-10 in the two years before he got there and was 6-6 this year.

Took their total offense/game from 59th to 13th in one season.

Not too shabby.
Yep

Really?

Is a guess. I have heard that we are hiring 3 different coaches now from insiders. Ed O then Frost now Ash. Just going for a name not being leaked and hoping. I saw a thread on the Tulsa insider section that he was interviewing here. And a post on a SMU board that he was interview with Syracuse posted today.

Is a guess. I have heard that we are hiring 3 different coaches now from insiders. Ed O then Frost now Ash. Just going for a name not being leaked and hoping. I saw a thread on the Tulsa insider section that he was interviewing here. And a post on a SMU board that he was interview with Syracuse posted today.

We can hope until there is no more hope.

images

I think Syracuse needs a pass-first offense to draw as many ticket buyers and fans to TV sets as possible. So I definitely would take Bennett over Ash.

Would Bennett want to leave the southwest for up state NY?

I would love Phil Montgomery or Dino Babers. I know that Baylor fans miss Phil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom