If Gross Can Get Agreement From a Proven Coach... | Syracusefan.com

If Gross Can Get Agreement From a Proven Coach...

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
From someone like a Petrino, and can get an agreement in principal signed, then he should fire Shafer. The stakes are too high to keep going down this path.

How many "proven" coaches would leave their current jobs to come here?

So that leaves Charlie Weis.
Find somebody who was canned for some irrelevant personal issue, like Petrino's affair, and offer him.

please stop guys, HCSS is not getting fired. And even if he did, we need a reality check, this Syracuse football program is not an A1 destination. You would literally have to back up the dump truck full of cash to get someone proven here. I am talking at least 3 million dollars.

Lets go get Lane Kiffen on the cheap lol

please stop guys, HCSS is not getting fired. And even if he did, we need a reality check, this Syracuse football program is not an A1 destination. You would literally have to back up the dump truck full of cash to get someone proven here. I am talking at least 3 million dollars.

Lets go get Lane Kiffen on the cheap lol
It's a thought, but Kiffen got fired for being a lousy football coach. There's got to be somebody out there who is out of a job for some personal peccadillo.

Not much out there who would come here - Kiffen, Weis, Schiano, not much else, unless we get lucky and get a shot at getting Marrione back.

I'm amused at the idea that some coach, any coach, would sign - or that a school, any school, would put in writing - an offer to coach while the current coach is not yet fired.

I'm amused at the idea that some coach, any coach, would sign - or that a school, any school, would put in writing - an offer to coach while the current coach is not yet fired.
People sign agreements in principal all the time, especially in hiring situations.

Please stop talking about canning Shafer. I'm sure you, like most of us, were talking about how great the future is with him last year, getting to a bowl game and finishing right behind Clemson and FSU in our division. They're having a bad year so far. Firing a coach with a .500 record at this point in the season would be asinine. People calling for Shafer to be fired are the same people who said "GMac can do no wrong when he recruits this way!" What a bipolar and unfair forum this has become. Sheesh.

Please stop talking about canning Shafer. I'm sure you, like most of us, were talking about how great the future is with him last year, getting to a bowl game and finishing right behind Clemson and FSU in our division. They're having a bad year so far. Firing a coach with a .500 record at this point in the season would be asinine. People calling for Shafer to be fired are the same people who said "GMac can do no wrong when he recruits this way!" What a bipolar and unfair forum this has become. Sheesh.
No, I've been skeptical of MacDonald from the beginning.

These threads are so dumb. Any quality HC isn't going to come here when the AD cans his personal choice from his last hiring round after a bowl winning season last year and with a current record of 9-8 considering the limitations this program has all the way around. Not to mention the fact that any proven, successful coach isn't going to take a pay cut to come here.

So basically you're suggesting we hire a scumbag of a human being so we can win some more games - yeah that's going to happen. We're all frustrated as hell but focusing on these scenarios that are never going to happen doesn't help anyone.

Last edited:
the thought of Schiano or anything Rutgers makes me sick.

As much as I dislike Schiano, he would make us a lot better almost instantly. Do you know the bump in recruiting we would see?

That being said, aint gonna happen.

I just want someone who knows what big time football is all about. I look at Shafer and co and just think "small time".

Stupid gimmicky sound bites, arguing with Dabo while getting his a$$ beat and talking about social issues after a hugely impactful terrible loss. Never mind this teams play and mistakes scream of bad coaching.

longislandcuse said:
I just want someone who knows what big time football is all about. I look at Shafer and co and just think "small time".

Stupid gimmicky sound bites, arguing with Dabo while getting his a$$ beat and talking about social issues after a hugely impactful terrible loss. Never mind this teams play and mistakes scream of bad coaching.

Yup. I said this last night. Everything last night from the play on the field, to the coaching, to the atmosphere screamed small time.

The problem is, I'm not sure the AD even wants to fight to be big time.

Back up the Brinks truck to Butch Davis' house. Great field coach and will get recruits' respect with his NFL experience. Even when McNabb's teams were crushing his Hurricanes, I was always so impressed with his game management and knowledge.

Yup. I said this last night. Everything last night from the play on the field, to the coaching, to the atmosphere screamed small time.

The problem is, I'm not sure the AD even wants to fight to be big time.
If your AD isn't well aware that football is the lifeblood of your athletic program and isn't willing to basically give them a blank check, then I don't want him as my AD.

Think about the revenue generated by a good Syracuse Football Program. It would pay for this universities investment in the program ten fold.

These threads are so dumb. Any quality HC isn't going to come here when the AD cans his personal choice from his last hiring round after a bowl winning season last year and with a current record of 9-8 considering the limitations this program has all the way around. Not to mention the fact that any proven, successful coach isn't going to take a pay cut to come here.

So basically you're suggesting we hire a scumbag of a human being so we can win some more games - yeah that's going to happen. We're all frustrate as hell but focusing on these scenarios that are never going to happen doesn't help anyone.

Dude, enough with the logic and the reality check, the board is on a roll.

You are killing the mojo.

Cowher to 'Cuse is trending...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom