If I had to pick a doctored part of the tape... | Syracusefan.com

If I had to pick a doctored part of the tape...

liljoe

Scout Team
I know at this point I am in the minority, but there are just too many things that don't match. While IThink there are a number of excerpts from that conversation that just don't seem to match, it's this part that sticks out most

Bobby: That one time you told me you saw him, like when I was really young, you saw him through the basement window when you were taking the garbage out?

Laurie: Right. I don't know. Is this bothersome to you?

I'm sorry, but even if the Fines are a couple sexual deviants, the answer to Bobby' question is not "right.". Then following it with the question "is this bothersome to you?". Of course it would be bothersome! Who asks that? When you question someone about something that graphic (if it is to believed that Bobby was actually referring to something like being molested- as is the case with most of the tape, statements seem vague...), you don't say right. You say you could believe your eyes, you were mortified, that was awful, I couldn't believe my eyes. You simply don't say "right.". Her answer is way to nonchalant.

I'm sorry, I know I'm talking the crazy sounding position, but it just doesn't sit right with me. I can give similar analysis on other excerpts, where the conversations sound more like it's about some shady business dealings. But the above I think is the most clear.

I know at this point I am in the minority, but there are just too many things that don't match. While IThink there are a number of exerts from that conversation that just don't seem to match, it's this part that sticks out most

Bobby: That one time you told me you saw him, like when I was really young, you saw him through the basement window when you were taking the garbage out?

I'm sorry, but even if the Fines are a couple sexual deviants, the answer to Bobby' question is not "right.". Then following it with the question "is this bothersome to you?". Of course it would be bothersome! Who asks that? When you question someone about something that graphic (if it is to believed that Bobby was actually referring to something like being molested- as is the case with most of the tape, statements seem vague...), you don't say right. You say you could believe your eyes, you were mortified, that was awful, I couldn't believe my eyes. You simply don't say "right.". Her answer is way to nonchalant.

I'm sorry, I know I'm talking the crazy sounding position, but it just doesn't sit right with me. I can give similar analysis on other excerpts, where the conversations sound more like it's about some shady business dealings. But the above I think is the most clear.

The tape may be legit but its messed up beyond belief and makes absolutely no sense.

It sounded to me like Davis was trying to lead LF in a certain direction but she wasn't really listening to him. She just seemed to be going off on some tangent and assuming he knew what she was talking about.

It sounded to me like Davis was trying to lead LF in a certain direction but she wasn't really listening to him. She just seemed to be going off on some tangent and assuming he knew what she was talking about.

That is another curious thing... Everything that Davis say sounds like he is in a pretty deep, open conversation. Most of what Laurie Fine says seems to be a very casual, basic conversation. Lots of simple sentence answers, and as you say, almost like she wasn't even paying attention.

It sounds like half the time theyre not even talking to each other, just talking and answering each other in nonsensical responses.

It sounds like half the time theyre not even talking to each other, just talking and answering each other in nonsensical responses.

Right. If you did not know this conversation involved sexual abuse, the vast majority of it would not lead you to that opinion. Like I've said, I think this is more about shady financial dealings and sex (between to consenting adults).

they have his phone bill. I don't think it is doctored.

I know at this point I am in the minority, but there are just too many things that don't match. While IThink there are a number of excerpts from that conversation that just don't seem to match, it's this part that sticks out most

That is right in line with the now famous " Bernie, Please don't do that to me" "It just makes you feel odd" lines from Lang

LOL - strange that as a supposed minor he was calling him "Bernie" and not "Coach"or "Mr. Fine"

I thought the same thing the first time I heard it. Like they were both coming down from being very high and were having a disjointed conversation where what the other person said didn't matter so much as long as you could finish your own thoughts (mostly Laurie tbh).

I believe parts of the tape are doctored. It sounds that way to me and some of Lori's responses don't jive with the conversation - such as with what you point out.

It's bizaare.

I'm part of the minority too. But, doctoring or not, that decision I'll leave to an audio expert.

The part that jumped out at me was right before the "he thinks he's above the law" statement. Laurie told Davis that "I told Bernie we talked". She's referring to a prior conversation. I thought I read yesterday where Davis said he only had one conversation with Laurie.

It is a bizarre, stoner-esque conversation.

I know at this point I am in the minority

I am right there with you.

Putting on my tinfoil hat .. everything about this tape screams screw job to me. I would probably feel different if I did not feel think LF and Davis were total slimeballs. I don't trust either of them and cannot get past the idea that they are in on this together somehow.

Neither of these people are attending Mensa meetings. I have no idea if it's doctored, but on the surface it sounds like many conversations between two dopes I've heard before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom