If SU could switch places with 1 team... | Syracusefan.com

If SU could switch places with 1 team...

Garrett_TD23

Walk On
would it be someone from the Coastal divison or perhaps from a different conference?

Garrett_TD23 said:
would it be someone from the Coastal divison or perhaps from a different conference?

Swap with Pitt.

anyone.

the Atlantic is ridiculous this year.

if Clemson-Fla St is a squeaker, and the loser runs the table with the winner winning the ACC-C...2 ACC teams in the F4.

and lulville could be in a great bowl too. (but im praying Dino can Dino them)

I know that the rules don't really allow 3 divisions in 1 conference and still have championship game, but if the ACC adds one more school, I think it would help a lot with balancing out the divisions and giving teams like Syracuse at least a chance of winning their division which is actually a good accomplishment in itself and banner worthy. I don't say this to demean SU, but that's an uphill battle competing in the same division with Clemson and FSU. Louisville is creeping up there as well and they may even be the 3rd best team in the ACC this year.

I'm probably alone in this thought, but I'd rather do a creative conference set up with 3 divisions or no divisions that will allow for better regular season games and to cycle through the conference quicker. It will mean sacrificing the ACCCG game under the current rules, but I think it can still be done in a round about way. If there are 3 divisions and one of those division winners go to the playoffs, that team is the regular season champ. If none of the division winners make it to the playoffs, then send the top 2 division winners to the Orange or Belk bowl to decide the champ.

I know that the rules don't really allow 3 divisions in 1 conference and still have championship game, but if the ACC adds one more school, I think it would help a lot with balancing out the divisions and giving teams like Syracuse at least a chance of winning their division which is actually a good accomplishment in itself and banner worthy. I don't say this to demean SU, but that's an uphill battle competing in the same division with Clemson and FSU. Louisville is creeping up there as well and they may even be the 3rd best team in the ACC this year.

I'm probably alone in this thought, but I'd rather do a creative conference set up with 3 divisions or no divisions that will allow for better regular season games and to cycle through the conference quicker. It will mean sacrificing the ACCCG game under the current rules, but I think it can still be done in a round about way. If there are 3 divisions and one of those division winners go to the playoffs, that team is the regular season champ. If none of the division winners make it to the playoffs, then send the top 2 division winners to the Orange or Belk bowl to decide the champ.
Sweet Jesus...

Indiana. It would be nice to play Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Maryland, Rutgers every year. Actual teams within driving distance.

GA Tech. I like playing Pitt, we get VA Tech/Miami back annually, and UVA/UNC/Duke are nice trips with fellow BBall/Lax schools.

I assume you mean San Jose State because why would anyone want to swap places with those couch-burning illiterates in East Lansing?

If I went to MSU, I'd be MSU2RedLobster

The Spartans are my second favorite college team. Biggie Munn took his entire staff there from SU in 1947 because they were more serious there about building the program and made it into a national power. SU grad Duffy Daughterty took over for him. He was the brother of local TV personality Jean Daughtery, the "Play lady" on The Magic Toy Shop when I was a kid. Ben Schwartzwalder and Duffy were great friends and they used to scrimmage their teams against each other every year. Later George Perles was one of Coach Mac's good friends. I always viewed MSU as a sort of "sister program" to SU, like the Constiution and the Constellation were "sister ships"

Beyond that, they were a national power when we were in the 50's and 60's and faded at about the same time we did. Just has we had trouble competing with Penn State, they had trouble competing with Michigan and Ohio State, so i rooted for the Spartans every time they played them. They've always been the second score I looked for after the SU game each Saturday in the fall. I've enjoyed their resurgence under Mark D'Antonio and hope to see SU have a resurgence of their own in the new few years.

Omg! Swap with anyone in the coastal by far! Pitt is soooo fortunate to have landed there. Its also rediculous that Louisville was placed into the Atlantic to pile on.

The Spartans are my second favorite college team. Biggie Munn took his entire staff there from SU in 1947 because they were more serious there about building the program and made it into a national power. SU grad Duffy Daughterty took over for him. He was the brother of local TV personality Jean Daughtery, the "Play lady" on The Magic Toy Shop when I was a kid. Ben Schwartzwalder and Duffy were great friends and they used to scrimmage their teams against each other every year. Later George Perles was one of Coach Mac's good friends. I always viewed MSU as a sort of "sister program" to SU, like the Constiution and the Constellation were "sister ships"

Beyond that, they were a national power when we were in the 50's and 60's and faded at about the same time we did. Just has we had trouble competing with Penn State, they had trouble competing with Michigan and Ohio State, so i rooted for the Spartans every time they played them. They've always been the second score I looked for after the SU game each Saturday in the fall. I've enjoyed their resurgence under Mark D'Antonio and hope to see SU have a resurgence of their own in the new few years.

My uncle went to MSU in the 60s while they had their run as a national power. My family was historically UofM fans but there was a falling out over my uncle getting inexplicably rejected from Michigan. Now, this was a guy that got into Harvard, so when I say inexplicable, it basically caused my family to turn their back.

My dad's dog was named Sparty, I grew up going to games in East Lansing, but MSU today is a victim of its expansion during the Vietnam era. It's too big for its own good. That's the reason there's little selectivity and has caused an academic death spiral. Now MSU is a group of couch-burning bros that are more there to party than to walk away with a quality education. It's sad, really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom