If there is a compassionate and forgiving God ... | Syracusefan.com

If there is a compassionate and forgiving God ...

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
please let Steve Bartman throw out the first pitch on Friday night. Please, retire all the ghosts now, before it begins. :)

And Go Cubbies! I only wish Steve Goodman was here for this. <cow removes cap and stands politely at attention for a moment>

please let Steve Bartman throw out the first pitch on Friday night. Please, retire all the ghosts now, before it begins. :)

And Go Cubbies! I only wish Steve Goodman was here for this. <cow removes cap and stands politely at attention for a moment>
Yes, I agree let Bartman do that. Would be very interesting to see the crowd response. I'd still be fearful though if I was him doing that.

Can't say I "liked" your part about Go Cubbies being an STL Cards fan, but hey give the Cubs credit, they are very good and deserving. Nice to at least see 2 totally different teams in the Series this year.

I think the Indians should bring Bartman out of the bullpen riding a goat, that would really get the Cub fans going.

Most shameful act by a fanbase in my memory. Right up there with Duke taunting the kids dead grandmother. Probably way worse.

Yes, I agree let Bartman do that. Would be very interesting to see the crowd response. I'd still be fearful though if I was him doing that.

Can't say I "liked" your part about Go Cubbies being an STL Cards fan, but hey give the Cubs credit, they are very good and deserving. Nice to at least see 2 totally different teams in the Series this year.

As a Yankees fan I normally cheer for the AL team, but not this time. And actually as I think about this now, if Bartman were to throw out the first pitch and the Cubs were to lose either that game or the series ... I really feel bad for that poor guy. I bet more people today know his name than they do Alex Gonzalez, whose role in the collapse was much greater than Bartman's. I saw a documentary on him, I think it was a 30 For 30, and the poor guy was just devastated by the whole thing. So, he'd probably wisely decline.

He has declined all types of overtures by the Cubs, even before this.

The Cubs fans publically shamed and bullied him. They are the bad guys here, This would be the chance for those idiotic bullies to essentially "forgive" Bartman. It would justify their actions in the first place which is crazy.

Steve Bartman is not the one that needs to be forgiven.

As a Yankees fan I normally cheer for the AL team, but not this time. And actually as I think about this now, if Bartman were to throw out the first pitch and the Cubs were to lose either that game or the series ... I really feel bad for that poor guy. I bet more people today know his name than they do Alex Gonzalez, whose role in the collapse was much greater than Bartman's. I saw a documentary on him, I think it was a 30 For 30, and the poor guy was just devastated by the whole thing. So, he'd probably wisely decline.

I'd also add Alou, Baker, and Prior to the list of guys more responsible than Bartman.