IF we get the 8pm ABC game, do we get Herbie and Musburger?? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

IF we get the 8pm ABC game, do we get Herbie and Musburger??

Do you mean we could have fixed the time of the game for homecoming weekend?

Matt Sarz has us and NC State as nooners. I might be wrong, but I didn't think the ACC did noon kickoffs for conference games. I thought they were all 12:30.

Matt Sarz has us and NC State as nooners. I might be wrong, but I didn't think the ACC did noon kickoffs for conference games. I thought they were all 12:30.
Only 12:30 for the rsn ACC games of the week. When you're on espn it's always noon

matts are guesses and he has 3 sec games at night 1 could move to noon(Kentucky at south Carolina screams noon to me).Lately the abc 330 slot has had 2 or 3 games.

these are the windows available on espn,2,u and abc for 10/5

ABC: 330,8pm
ESPN: noon,7,1030(pac 12)
ESPN 2: noon,330(abc reverse mirror), 7
ESPN U: noon,330,7

so far there are only games slotted for that day on those networks: Minnesota @ Michigan @ 330 on abc/espn 2 mirror, Ohio State @ Northwestern @8pm on ABC/ESPN/2.

i'm working on my guess which should be completed soon

Only 12:30 for the rsn ACC games of the week. When you're on espn it's always noon

acc rsn has a double header on 10/5 that is why there is a second nooner

the rsn games after September are supposed to start at 3 normally

I have us pegged for either the 330 abc game or at night on espn/2 (with the Maryland/florida state game going in other slot.) GT/Miami I think gets the other 8pm ABC slot just thinking logically with osu/northwestern in Midwest/northeast a game with 2 southern teams makes sense as alternative and there both undefeated. I could see espn requesting a 6 day among those 3 games while giving the time options for each matchup though

Crap, Crap, Crap

Matt is guessing a Nooner on ESPN
http://mattsarzsports.blogspot.com/2013/09/105-cfb-tv-guesses.html

We'll find out tomorrow.
I hope Matt Park's source is correct and we get a prime time 8:00 slot.

Also does the ACC have any input into what teams are featured in the prime time games? Just curious if the ACC wants Maryland to get any exposure this year since they are in the midst of a lawsuit withnthebleague and are jumping ship to the Big 10.

Seems to me the ACC would rather feature Syracuse who has scored 106 points in its last two games and #3 Clemson at a packed Carrier Dome in the 8:00 slot.

I have us pegged for either the 330 abc game or at night on espn/2 (with the Maryland/florida state game going in other slot.) GT/Miami I think gets the other 8pm ABC slot just thinking logically with osu/northwestern in Midwest/northeast a game with 2 southern teams makes sense as alternative and there both undefeated. I could see espn requesting a 6 day among those 3 games while giving the time options for each matchup though
We ARE NEVER going to get an ESPN/ESPN2 PRIMETIME game over the SEC. I have been saying this for over a week we had a shot at split ABC Primetime before Maryland-FSU and Ga. Tech-Miami both became battles of undefeated teams. The SEC is going to have 3 Primetime games practically every week this year until the SEC Network starts up next year. Our TV slots for the Clemson game are 12 ESPN/ESPN2 or 3:30 ESPN2/ABC/ESPNU, and we are 3rd in the ACC pecking order.

So someone mentioned Miami 02 as the last time a top 5 team came to the dome. I went to youtube to check the highlights, Musburger did that game as well. probably his last trip to the dome.

Boy did Dorsey and company slaughter us that night. Which brings me to another topic. Anyone catch the audio clip of Herbie and Mus after the texas game bitching about not being a wider national game. Its funny to hear these guys who on air are impartial to say things like, so and so stinks lol...

http://deadspin.com/kirk-herbstreit-unappy-abc-only-showed-ksu-texas-to-36-1364873586

So someone mentioned Miami 02 as the last time a top 5 team came to the dome. I went to youtube to check the highlights, Musburger did that game as well. probably his last trip to the dome.

Boy did Dorsey and company slaughter us that night. Which brings me to another topic. Anyone catch the audio clip of Herbie and Mus after the texas game bitching about not being a wider national game. Its funny to hear these guys who on air are impartial to say things like, so and so stinks lol...

http://deadspin.com/kirk-herbstreit-unappy-abc-only-showed-ksu-texas-to-36-1364873586

I loathe Herbstreit.

We ARE NEVER going to get an ESPN/ESPN2 PRIMETIME game over the SEC. I have been saying this for over a week we had a shot at split ABC Primetime before Maryland-FSU and Ga. Tech-Miami both became battles of undefeated teams. The SEC is going to have 3 Primetime games practically every week this year until the SEC Network starts up next year. Our TV slots for the Clemson game are 12 ESPN/ESPN2 or 3:30 ESPN2/ABC/ESPNU, and we are 3rd in the ACC pecking order.

Agreed. No way in holy hell is ABC coming to Syracuse for a primetime game.

I met Musberger when we came into Syracuse do that game. He and Gary Danielson called the game Miami beat us I think 30-0 or 31-0 to nothing. I just remember Portis or Gore housing a long run on us. Musberger was at the Happy Hour at the Sherton Hotel and he was really nice. If we had iphones back then I would have had some funny pictures back then.

On Kirk that Guy he is an attention monger. My favorite Gameday poster was when I think in Arkansas a guy had a Kirk drinks Appletinis poster it was great and it was right behind Herbie.

We haven't had an A list College Football announcer in the Dome since 2005 when we had Brad Nessler, Bob Griese, Lynn Swann for the WVU opener and then we had that same crew in 2003 for Notre Dame.

Last edited:
Give me anybody but Musberger and Herbstreit both Big 10 and N Dame lovers. Screw the both of 'em

Musberger loves Notre Dame, B1G, talking about gambling lines, bringing up Las Vegas atleast once a broadcast, calling his partner Herbie, or partna, saying FUMBLE loudly when a ball is loose, and first hand knowledge the dude doesn't mind a cold one.

absolutely. Herbie is the Arod version of announcers. In complete love with himself.

F him.
I get the Herbie stuff but I can't believe you guys would like to have Mike Patrick. Unbelievable. I'd rather have a sock puppet call the games than him.

I get the Herbie stuff but I can't believe you guys would like to have Mike Patrick. Unbelievable. I'd rather have a sock puppet call the games than him.

I never said I was a fan of Patrick. With him I dont have to listen to the ego oozing out every time he opens his mouth.

I never said I was a fan of Patrick. With him I dont have to listen to the ego oozing out every time he opens his mouth.
True you didn't I just assumed everyone disliked Patrick as much as I do.

Marsh will despise Patrick when he calls ACC basketball games as he is the worst basketball announcer by far, but Herbie is one those egotistical aholes who thinks too much of himself to either give up his Gameday spot and become top football commentary guy. It would be like Cris Collinsworth doing the NFL pregame show from New York each week from 12-1 and then flying to his game at 8pm on SNF. Either be College Gameday analyst or be the top color commentator. He gave the perfect analogy Herbie is like A-Rod he is full of himself and needs to be loved endlessly.

Marsh will despise Patrick when he calls ACC basketball games as he is the worst basketball announcer by far, but Herbie is one those egotistical aholes who thinks too much of himself to either give up his Gameday spot and become top football commentary guy. It would be like Cris Collinsworth doing the NFL pregame show from New York each week from 12-1 and then flying to his game at 8pm on SNF. Either be College Gameday analyst or be the top color commentator. He gave the perfect analogy Herbie is like A-Rod he is full of himself and needs to be loved endlessly.

I am not a fan of Patrick and his whiny "holy cow" comments.

Sorry if this has already been addressed.

So based on the games that have yet to be announced. I would say there is still an outside shot at a time other than 12:30. We have 3 ACC games that are interesting: Maryland vs FSU, Miami vs GT and Clemson vs Syracuse. If Georgia Tech beats VPI on Thursday, chances are that both they and Maryland are ranked Ole Miss plays Alabama, Notre Dame plays Oklahoma and Wisconsin plays Ohio State. If all 3 favorite win, chances Maryland and GT should be ranked next week. I think they would get the nod in 2 ranked teams for later games. There are only 2 games set for ABC/ESPN. Michigan vs Minnesota at 3:30 and Ohio State vs Northwestern at 8. The other ranked teams that have challenging matchups are Washington vs Stanford, which will get a 7:30/8 slot, and Georgia vs Tennessee. Think odds are heavily against us getting a later game based more on who else is playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom