If you are watching the Duke game you will see how they put the court at the 50 yard line. | Syracusefan.com

If you are watching the Duke game you will see how they put the court at the 50 yard line.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG

Attachments

• upload_2015-3-27_22-44-20.png
    upload_2015-3-27_22-44-20.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 90
Wouldn't add any seats on the first level in the Dome. The bleachers would just block out the existing first level seats. Everything 2nd and 3rd level would be worse, some much worse.

Personally I think it sucks having to have the bench and players down like that. I remember how silly it was watching the final four in Atlanta and JB sitting on the stool.

Part of the game is having the team right there. And also allowing the coach to sit with a player and talk to them.

The shooting at that place is terrible. Don't think we ever need to see that at the Dome. Our shooting is bad enough.

Wouldn't add any seats on the first level in the Dome. The bleachers would just block out the existing first level seats. Everything 2nd and 3rd level would be worse, some much worse.
More 1st level seating and closer to the action, especially on the sides.

my guess is they would build a platform with less descent over the seats like they do at the other domes.

Not sure how easy that is with the aluminum benches vs individual chairs

my guess is they would build a platform with less descent over the seats like they do at the other domes.

Not sure how easy that is with the aluminum benches vs individual chairs

Too time consuming. It takes a while to install all the lower level risers, and a while to remove. Everyone downstairs would have trouble seeing over the rows in front of them (not enough slope) And everyone upstairs would still have long range seats.

If the Dome was set up like that for a Saturday game, it couldn't be ready for LAX on Sunday.

The red seats in the video are the permanent 100 level seats, and the gray ones are the temp ones that are constructed.

georgia-dome-2013-ncaa-final-four-zone-14163.jpg

georgia-dome-football-2464.jpg

CusefanATL said:
my guess is they would build a platform with less descent over the seats like they do at the other domes. Not sure how easy that is with the aluminum benches vs individual chairs

Our first level doesn't have much rise as it is. Plus, the Dome is much smaller. That football stadium holds over 70k. The impact would be minimal and I'm guessing it would be almost a 1 to 1 add/loss.

Too time consuming. It takes a while to install all the lower level risers, and a while to remove. Everyone downstairs would have trouble seeing over the rows in front of them (not enough slope) And everyone upstairs would still have long range seats.

If the Dome was set up like that for a Saturday game, it couldn't be ready for LAX on Sunday.

If this is happening, there will be no LAX game on Sunday.