If you could pick one player from last year's team, who would u choose? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If you could pick one player from last year's team, who would u choose?

Don’t see the lb as being ok. Not even close. Wrong gaps, wrong dip and rip shoulders to blockers and prestepping wrong way before we know where play is going. Would love Bennett here in every way possible cause he had a great game against these guys quietly.

Yep, they are still often confused and that was evident against a team as bad as UConn.

Paris or Zaire would stabilize a very inconsistent D.

Although it’s good that there isn’t a target hog on the offense, I would pick ish just to have a sure handed guy in there. Maybe a 5th year Zaire considering he made a strong enough jump in that year to make the colts.

I dont understand this at all?

thru 4 games last year he had 40 catches zero tds 500 yds and the team was 2-2
team 95/150

custis 17 for 300 and 3 tds.
team 75/126

but the team is scoring way more pts per game, we are throwing way less

ish was a security blanket, but not a deep threat that opened the field.
and a very good chance Custis if he doesnt get hurt has more than 7 this year with half the catches. he really should be sitting at around 6 now, he has dropped at least 3 tds.
With the first comment I think you're looking at it backwards. Ish was integral in us moving the ball and we had trouble punching it in because of a crappy running game. Despite the lack of a running game, Ish was still getting open. Our improved running game this year would probably have made him a better deep threat. We saw that last year against Clemson.

With the second, I think the 3 drops are reason for concern, not optimism. They have all been over the shoulder type catches. Until I him catch some of those, I am going to believe he just isn't comfortable with them and will contininue to be shaky. Maybe that was the reason they played around with him in the slot last spring.

when you watch the game its amazing how many times the lbs are out of position.. its why in a blowout game they are still playing the lbs down to the last drive.. they are very concerned on that side of the ball.

Want to rethink how much a couple LBs who can take on blocks would have helped today.. our guys hustled their butts off, but got worn down being undersized.

Any lb that would come down hill knowing they are running and qb isn’t. Lb lb lb lb lb. How doesn’t anyone see that.

A healthy Paris Bennett on the left side could have made a big difference.

I think its gotta be Zaire. Playing in the NFL, and what he would add to this defense would be scary. He's a tremendous football player. If Zaire is starting at inside linebacker, Etienne would not have had 205 and 3 TD's today I'll tell you that much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom