If you could take one player off the SU '87 team (real champs) and put them on this year's team, | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

If you could take one player off the SU '87 team (real champs) and put them on this year's team,

Freshman DC would probably get kicked out of the game for swinging at somebody.

I'll take Rony.

whom would it be?

I'm torn between DC and Rony, since we pretty much have no offensive game. Both were tough on both ends of the court, however I believe DC being a freshman didn't initially have the offensive game at that point in his career. Rony was better in that area at that time. So if I had to decide I would probably take Rony, but it's really, really close.

Rony, and I can't believe it is even open to discussion. The two biggest weaknesses on this team are offense and the 5 position.

DC had the one monster rebounding game but on average Rony's rebounding numbers were similar that year plus Rony gave us much more offensively.

You can also throw in the fact that with DC at the 4, James or CJ has to sit. You could play him in the middle, but frosh DC was nowhere near the center that Rony was. With Rony in the middle, Baye comes off the bench for 5 minutes a game.

With Rony, we'd get a big bump in our ppg plus the interior game that has been mostly non-existent this year.

This is already one of the greatest defensive squads we have ever had. Toss in Rony, and we'd have a dynamite offense as well

We already have DC on the team. It has to be the General. He played the most minutes on the 87 team, indicating his worth.
Yes but that DC doesn't play hardly at all now :), plus we have MCW at the point.

whom would it be?

I'm torn between DC and Rony, since we pretty much have no offensive game. Both were tough on both ends of the court, however I believe DC being a freshman didn't initially have the offensive game at that point in his career. Rony was better in that area at that time. So if I had to decide I would probably take Rony, but it's really, really close.
IMO if you don't take GMAC there is something wrong with the perception of what this team really needs"Leadership consistency and scoring.

IMO if you don't take GMAC there is something wrong with the perception of what this team really needs"Leadership consistency and scoring.
Come on, GMac was a toddler in 1987. I just don't see how he would help that much.

whom would it be?

Rony was a decent shot blocker but we have a couple that are decent.What we don't have is that go-to scorer. In my mind thatsGMAC Icwwater in his veins.These guys are shaking at the free throw line. You can see it. A couple of these guys could use a barf bucket by them.:eek:

Rony was a decent shot blocker but we have a couple that are decent.What we don't have is that go-to scorer. In my mind thatsGMAC Icwwater in his veins.These guys are shaking at the free throw line. You can see it. A couple of these guys could use a barf bucket by them.:eek:

Cali, I love you.

Your segment on the new Syracusefan.com radio station will be the most entertaining, by far. :)

DC would solve a lot of issues [especially rebounding], but they didn't run any offensive plays for him all year.

Seikaly played out of his mind in the '87 tournament. I still don't know where that offense came from; it was like all of the sudden he channeled Alcindor. He also was a good rebounder / shot blocker, and a big, strong, physical presence. So I'd probably give him the nod over DC.

DC would solve a lot of issues [especially rebounding], but they didn't run any offensive plays for him all year.

Seikaly played out of his mind in the '87 tournament. I still don't know where that offense came from; it was like all of the sudden he channeled Alcindor. He also was a good rebounder / shot blocker, and a big, strong, physical presence. So I'd probably give him the nod over DC.
It's too bad it wouldn't go on with Rak.

It's gotta be Keith Smart.

tumblr_mgwwxx6b751rjcfxro1_500.gif

Cali, 1987, not 2003. You need to get your glasses cleaned:cool:

Tough choice between Seikaly who is so much better than RaKeita, or Douglas who is so much better than MCW.

Douglas, but only if he REPLACES MCW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom