Ifeatu Melifonwu: Lions | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Ifeatu Melifonwu: Lions

There plenty of things to like about the game yesterday. One of my favorites, when Iffy made a play, Mikel Tirico announcing the game said his name from Syracuse.
He wasn't gonna pass up an SU mention. Iffy wasn't as prominent as he had been the last few weeks, but he moves on to what should be a favorable match-up with either the Bucs or Eagles.

There plenty of things to like about the game yesterday. One of my favorites, when Iffy made a play, Mikel Tirico announcing the game said his name from Syracuse.
All of the Newhouse alums in national announcer roles should be dropping the Syracuse name as much as possible. Unfortunately we only have a half dozen players in the NFL, but every little bit helps with branding

I feel like in years past, the espn days, Tirico wouldn't have tried too hard to mention SU because he's too professional. I think he's seen how counterparts do it for other schools, understands how important it is to a school to be relevant like that, and has changed. I like it.

I think Iffy is more of a playmaker than Cisco. Zaire also should be in the conversation.

BTW, Bergeron had an excellent rookie season.
Cisco’s a ballhawk. Always had a knack for the pick. He’s also pretty physical.

Garrett Williams getting it done too. Too bad Trill got injured rookie year, otherwise I think he’d of developed too.

Crazy to think that all 4 of those guys played in the same Secondary at Syracuse.

Unrelated to Iffy, but anyone else see the pregame and halftime shows going on in the background at Detroit. Seems cool with all the lights off and the light show apps actually working on the phones. Whoever is in charge of game day experience at Syracuse should give Detroit a call to get a few new ideas.

Ife has had a great second half of the season and he seems to be starting to make his mark but let’s not get carried away, it’s Zaire by a fair amount with Cisco a productive 2nd. Jones used to be number one but he is having some challenges and is older now.

I will give Dino credit for this… he did give us more nfl guys then we have had in a while. Maybe that makes his coaching blunders even worse? Lol idk. All I know is I’m happy he got us some nfl dudes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom