IL Bracketology 041917 | Syracusefan.com

IL Bracketology 041917

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Epoch/IL Bracketology: Men's Division I, Second Look

58f78880d9e3f.jpg

Would not want to play duke in the quarters.
Duke as an 8 is insane, there one of the hottest teams in the country right now, there 5 or 6 at worst barring a collapse down the stretch.
A bunch of folks on our board think dook is in a position to win it all. :(

A bunch of folks on our board think dook is in a position to win it all. :(

I think they could definitely make a run. That being said if Rowe has an off game or gets battled close to an even draw I think Duke could be in a bit of trouble. There offense is pretty good but there still relying on a lot of young inexperienced midfielders which is tricky come tournament time especially if a team can neutralize Bruckner/Guterding. There D has been much approved since last year and the beginning of this year and if Fowler stays on his game they could make a final four run. Their going to be a tough out for sure but I think there a maybe a year away as they rely to much on Guterding and Bruckner.

I think they could definitely make a run. That being said if Rowe has an off game or gets battled close to an even draw I think Duke could be in a bit of trouble. There offense is pretty good but there still relying on a lot of young inexperienced midfielders which is tricky come tournament time especially if a team can neutralize Bruckner/Guterding. There D has been much approved since last year and the beginning of this year and if Fowler stays on his game they could make a final four run. Their going to be a tough out for sure but I think there a maybe a year away as they rely to much on Guterding and Bruckner.

Very well said. That young midfield is their weak link. Could win it all? Sure. But could just as well be exposed in the right matchup.

Any chance Binghamton can make the field? I know that we gave them opportunities in our game but they seemed pretty good.

Any chance Binghamton can make the field? I know that we gave them opportunities in our game but they seemed pretty good.

They would have to win the America East to get in. This is unlikely as I dont see them beating Albany.

They would have to win the America East to get in. This is unlikely as I dont see them beating Albany.
Yup - with only Stony Brook this Friday and then the AE, their 'best' win to date is over #34 (RPI) Delaware. With the exception of Albany, Syracuse, and Stony Brook, they play a very weak schedule. Nothing on there that screams 'at large'.

True. Given the fact that the Albany game was during bad conditions and had a big score difference perhaps the Great Danes might be overconfident and Binghamton could surprise them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom