Im done folks | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Im done folks

I'll absolutely watch most games.

I don't tune out because we lose. It's how we lose. I play ball a lot still, it's legit hard to watch sometimes for me because it's so bad.

lol..I simply can't believe a grown man whining and crying about his team having a really bad season. Wahhhh...I can't eat or sleep...please. After all the seasons we have had under JB, you are one entitled son of a gun. Weak sauce, brother. That being said, the performance of this team does offend my senses, but I think bringing in middle of the road talent to fill in the roster and expecting them (and the team) team to function in a system that requires repetition and familiarity is absurd.

Ok now that bball season is over and we're too far from football let's turn our attention to something meaningful. When's Bruce's next album gonna drop?

I love Bruce but he hasn't had a meaningful album in a very long time (some will argue The Rising because of its inspiration but it had arguably 2-3 great songs on it).

Back to the topic at hand, folks.

I love Bruce but he hasn't had a meaningful album in a very long time (some will argue The Rising because of its inspiration but it had arguably 2-3 great songs on it).

So wrong Oh Lord

:D

lol..I simply can't believe a grown man whining and crying about his team having a really bad season. Wahhhh...I can't eat or sleep...please. After all the seasons we have had under JB, you are one entitled son of a gun. Weak sauce, brother. That being said, the performance of this team does offend my senses, but I think bringing in middle of the road talent to fill in the roster and expecting them (and the team) team to function in a system that requires repetition and familiarity is absurd.

Hey, im eating and sleeping just fine.

You must be jumping on the "moving to Canada" bandwagon. Lots of talk. 41 years of winning seasons. Show a little respect for the program.
This is the problem with a good majority of fans. The reality is that over the past 3 season this hasn't been a good program, save for 4 tournament games last year. And the tournament is an event made for that stuff, a underdog team with talent gets hot and suddenly starts to click. Dint be blinded by your fandom. Spurrier didn't want to leave USC when he had to but every coach has to go at some point. JB has built this into a very good and upper echelon program, but I just don't want to see him stick around too long to the point where he destroys it.

I'll absolutely watch most games.

I don't tune out because we lose. It's how we lose. I play ball a lot still, it's legit hard to watch sometimes for me because it's so bad.

Totally agree. I'm thinking of this quote from the end of the JB tour de force "Blue Chips". "Those kids played out their heart. They gave everything they had! They played up to the *maximum* of their ability! They gave it everything." I'm not seeing that from this group.

SU basketball games have always been clear the calendar events for me, but I can't see myself doing that this season. I'll still watch, and will be going to a couple more games, but I'm certainly not keeping the time reserved for them if something else comes up that is more enjoyable than watching two hours of listless slop.

I've sat through terrible football for 15 years. I can handle one bad year in hoops.

Is it just going to be one bad year though? We've been trending downward in the regular season every year the past 3 and the incoming recruiting class doesn't look like it's going to have much impact, and we're going to go through a transition at head coach going from a HOFer to a guy that's never been a head coach.

I'm not saying it's all doom and gloom but I think we're at least 2-4 years away from making some noise.

Our biggest benefit is playing in the ACC, if we're able to string enough wins in this league it's an automatic boost.

This is eating at my soul. It ruins my day and causes me too much stress.

I cant blame any of you for your comments.
Stress is health issues or financial relationship based. This is basketball. This year sucks for sure but it is going to be interesting to see how the staff and administration responds. I hope JB stops playing the victim and starts coaching again. I hope Hop starts showing some fire.
Lastly i want to see both frosh take over the leadership of this team.
Stick around.

Why do people act like this? Like this is some purification of fandom?... who cares. You should want the fair weather fans to care and not admonish them because they don't feel like watching the garbage product that's been on the court for the past few years. (Final 4 and blah blah blah, I know - We haven't been very good since we joined the ACC)

i know we need the fair weather fan to be successful as any real fan of our football team knows but what good does coming on a fan forum and announcing you're done serve. The same strategy can be seen on display by 4 year olds in grocery stores around the country.

I keep telling my son that I can't bear to watch this team anymore ... but I watch anyway at least until it becomes too painful for my delicate disposition. From the opening seconds we know what's going to happen the rest of the game ... but we watch anyway ... and hope and pray for a miracle ... but we watch until. I can't bear to watch the team lose badly. I feel bad for the kids and for the fans (especially me). But I will watch knowing that we are now facing some BAD (and I mean really, really good) teams. I will watch and hope for that miracle.

We had a get together yesterday of about 20 people and everyone is a SU fan. They were all talking about the game and wonder what's the heck is going on. Some are season ticket holders and some aren't. One thing is common, there is going to be a big decrease in attendance next year. Several folks have decided that this is their last season of paying for preferred seats. With the increase cost in preferred seats next year, they have decided it's time to move on. I'm finding it's becoming difficult to justify paying to watch these games. The level of play the past three years has been steadily declining. I don't see any encouraging signs for next year. I feel bad for Hop because he's been waiting a long time to become a head coach and this program is going in the wrong direction. Our style of play is not translating to the ACC. It's more of an offensive league and the days of physical, defensive play in the Big East is not going to work in the ACC. JB doesn't recruit highly skilled basketball players, but athletes. You have to outscore people in this league and SU doesn't have highly skilled offensive players. Maybe we'll see a miracle and this team will turn it around, but I see no evidence of this happening.

This is eating at my soul. It ruins my day and causes me too much stress.

I cant blame any of you for your comments.

See I actually get this. For those of us spoiled by nearly 50 consecutive winning seasons, its painful to watch. Its unchartered territory for about 80% of us. I imagine you'll try to watch every game...and then the defensive lapses start...and then the missed layups...and then the turnovers...and finally the realization that there is no fixing this mess this year. Wash-rinse-repeat...only to be teased by a 40 point beat down of some really bad team to reel us back in. Thankfully, there will be no more of these.

Its hard for the most loyal of us to sit through this. Especially with a coach who is 15 months maximum from retirement.

IMO, a lot of our weaknesses have been exposed by bad guard play on both ends of the floor. Fix that, and I think a lot of our problems go away. Now, that doesn't mean we don't have other issues. Among them:

Thompson does not like contact, and that's bad for a center.
White is a bit of an offense killer.
Tyler Lydon is out of shape.
Tyler Roberson and Frank Howard are playing with Zero confidence.

Its just a terribly perfect storm. So what do we do now? I think we take our lumps trying to increase competitiveness. But I'd like to see the following:

1) Need some Tyus Battle reps at point. Gillon isn't coming back and Frank is not the future.
2) Force feed Chukwu minutes when he returns. Kid has to be ready next year. I don't care how terrible he looks, we need him next year.
3) More m2m. Its coming when Hop takes over. Its time to get the word out so we can recruit kids who can / want to play it.
4) Recruit a kid with a bad attitude. This team is just to soft.

Now you're just being silly.

See I actually get this. For those of us spoiled by nearly 50 consecutive winning seasons, its painful to watch. Its unchartered territory for about 80% of us. I imagine you'll try to watch every game...and then the defensive lapses start...and then the missed layups...and then the turnovers...and finally the realization that there is no fixing this mess this year. Wash-rinse-repeat...only to be teased by a 40 point beat down of some really bad team to reel us back in. Thankfully, there will be no more of these.

Its hard for the most loyal of us to sit through this. Especially with a coach who is 15 months maximum from retirement.

IMO, a lot of our weaknesses have been exposed by bad guard play on both ends of the floor. Fix that, and I think a lot of our problems go away. Now, that doesn't mean we don't have other issues. Among them:

Thompson does not like contact, and that's bad for a center.
White is a bit of an offense killer.
Tyler Lydon is out of shape.
Tyler Roberson and Frank Howard are playing with Zero confidence.

Its just a terribly perfect storm. So what do we do now? I think we take our lumps trying to increase competitiveness. But I'd like to see the following:

1) Need some Tyus Battle reps at point. Gillon isn't coming back and Frank is not the future.
2) Force feed Chukwu minutes when he returns. Kid has to be ready next year. I don't care how terrible he looks, we need him next year.
3) More m2m. Its coming when Hop takes over. Its time to get the word out so we can recruit kids who can / want to play it.
4) Recruit a kid with a bad attitude. This team is just to soft.

Disagree...I've been to every football game for last 15 years through thick and thin!

The basketball only fans are acting like spoiled brats. Its all bull$#!? reading through these posts made by basketball only fans. It's easy to support a winning team isn't it?

However, I'll continue to attend every basketball game because I support JB because he's our coach and SU is my team. Nuff said.

i know we need the fair weather fan to be successful as any real fan of our football team knows but what good does coming on a fan forum and announcing you're done serve. The same strategy can be seen on display by 4 year olds in grocery stores around the country.

Anyone challenging my fandom doesnt know me.

Disagree...I've been to every football game for last 15 years through thick and thin!

The basketball only fans are acting like spoiled brats. Its all bull$#!? reading through these posts made by basketball only fans. It's easy to support a winning team isn't it?

However, I'll continue to attend every basketball game because I support JB because he's our coach and SU is my team. Nuff said.

Im no basketball only fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom