I'm glad we got Syracuse in the E8... | Syracusefan.com

I'm glad we got Syracuse in the E8...

SRHoo

Walk On
and not entirely because it means we don't have to play Michigan State :)

I like seeing Syracuse there because I like Boeheim, I like your team, you're ACC family now and IF we get knocked out I'll pull for Syracuse the rest of the way.

While I do think we'll win a close one, I'm really more nervous about this one than ISU for several reasons...

- Cuse has an experienced backcourt, AND talented FR playing with house money...I expect your team to come out looser than ours
- You've played the packline, and know what to expect...most OOC teams just don't
- As much as I love Bennett, Boeheim has the "big game" experience that TB doesn't...he's never been this far, and obviously JB has many times

Anyway...just wanted to come over and wish you "good luck" and hoping for a good game. As I said, if you guys do pull the upset, I'll be pulling for Syracuse the rest of the way.

Can someone who knows more about x's and o's explain to me a little bit more about the packline defense?

This also could have been asked in the other thread, just as an example to the post that said there were no basketball questions to ask. I tip my hat to you man.

Can someone who knows more about x's and o's explain to me a little bit more about the packline defense?

It's a sagging man-to-man that is intended to limit penetration...you'll also see our bigs hedge high from time-to-time to disrupt the offensive flow and force the ball handler to reset the offense well outside if the 3 point circle. We don't use it as much with Gill & Tobey as we have in the past with Atkins & Mitchell because it requires the bigs to be able to recover quickly...our current guys aren't as athletic as past versions, but you'll still see it a few times each half.

In the past our krytonite has been a team with a quick PG who can penetrate and kick out to 3 pt shooters, because it can give guys open looks on the perimeter.

and not entirely because it means we don't have to play Michigan State :)

I like seeing Syracuse there because I like Boeheim, I like your team, you're ACC family now and IF we get knocked out I'll pull for Syracuse the rest of the way.

While I do think we'll win a close one, I'm really more nervous about this one than ISU for several reasons...

- Cuse has an experienced backcourt, AND talented FR playing with house money...I expect your team to come out looser than ours
- You've played the packline, and know what to expect...most OOC teams just don't
- As much as I love Bennett, Boeheim has the "big game" experience that TB doesn't...he's never been this far, and obviously JB has many times

Anyway...just wanted to come over and wish you "good luck" and hoping for a good game. As I said, if you guys do pull the upset, I'll be pulling for Syracuse the rest of the way.
I like all you hoos. Super nice and all that. Great coach, fine orange unis. Just don't post here tomorrow win or lose please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom