I'm gonna say it... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I'm gonna say it...

And will you be head to eat your words if they don’t pan out? You’re sticking your head in the sand if you don’t think we took a step back this year. I don’t care what the rankings say (people only reference them when they fit their narrative) we missed on more priority recruits and the offer lists of our commits is weaker then past years. Seriously, name me more than 3 kids you are truly excited about that we beat out for legit talent.

Alford, Kinsler, and Joe Mama.

I hope nobody is happy having a bottom 3rd finish in football recruiting in a Basketball conference. THIS IS BAD!
Because the German TE is rated.7665 something pulls the ranking way down. Someone who is 6-7, and a former volleyball player is probably one of the best athlete's on the team. So wait a couple of years, you will probably be surprised.

Because the German TE is rated.7665 something pulls the ranking way down. Someone who is 6-7, and a former volleyball player is probably one of the best athlete's on the team. So wait a couple of years, you will probably be surprised.
NO!!! IT'S BAD!!! REALLY BAD!!!

2 4 7 should have people around the globe on these kids so message board members can adequately rag on them without ever having seen them play. Sheesh. ;)

I have no problem with the German volleyball player, heck he will be able to help the basketball team more than the football team. We need a big body in the paint. Sidibe, Dolezaj Braswell are all less than 220 lbs. Put the German at PF four 4 years. Always said the last Scholarship on the football team should be a basketball player. Way to help bSketvall team HCDB. Team player!!!!

And will you be head to eat your words if they don’t pan out? You’re sticking your head in the sand if you don’t think we took a step back this year. I don’t care what the rankings say (people only reference them when they fit their narrative) we missed on more priority recruits and the offer lists of our commits is weaker then past years. Seriously, name me more than 3 kids you are truly excited about that we beat out for legit talent.

Will you eat your words if they DO pan out?

Isn't it quite possible that the coaching staff is better at evaluating film/talent/system fit than we are? Or better at it than recruiting sites? We've had numerous impact players that haven't had huge offer sheets

Bergeron (only P5 offer)
C. Jackson (Baylor)
Benson (Only P5 offer)
Elmore (only P5 offer)
Trill (Rutgers, BC, Pitt)
Jawhar (Arizona, Mizzou, OK. State)
Taj Harris (NC State, Maryland, Rutgers)

Isn't it quite possible that the coaching staff is better at evaluating film/talent/system fit than we are? Or better at it than recruiting sites? We've had numerous impact players that haven't had huge offer sheets

Bergeron (only P5 offer) - Great get I was excited about him from day 1

C. Jackson (Baylor) hasn’t played a down yet

Benson (Only P5 offer) - Good find

Elmore (only P5 offer) - decent contributor , but let’s be real he’s a back up FB/TE

Trill (Rutgers, BC, Pitt) - Was a 4star, top 250 recruit, who I always stated was our best commit I. The class

Jawhar (Arizona, Mizzou, OK. State)- Was a non qualifier or would have had a lot more interest. Still had Texas on him late

Taj Harris (NC State, Maryland, Rutgers) - Those are our NE recruiting competitors . We need more like that

Ya they are better. Then again they missed on almost all of their key targets, plus their back ups. So according to their own evaluations they are seemingly far down their target list. We have to sign someone.

Ya they are better. Then again they missed on almost all of their key targets, plus their back ups. So according to their own evaluations they are seemingly far down their target list. We have to sign someone.

We miss out on priority targets every single year, and will continue to do so. That hasn't changed.

We have six spots open and currently have a class comparable to years prior. Take a deep breath.

Bergeron (only P5 offer)
C. Jackson (Baylor)
Benson (Only P5 offer)
Elmore (only P5 offer)
Trill (Rutgers, BC, Pitt)
Jawhar (Arizona, Mizzou, OK. State)
Taj Harris (NC State, Maryland, Rutgers)
A better question might be how many other P5 teams could these players start for??????

We miss out on priority targets every single year, and will continue to do so. That hasn't changed.

We have six spots open and currently have a class comparable to years prior. Take a deep breath.
Its not that we miss out on top priority targets but rather WE DONT GET THEM!!! Lol smh. Lets hope the Canadian hidden Gems errr now German hidden Gems are Diamonds in 3 years.

Its not that we miss out on top priority targets but rather WE DONT GET THEM!!! Lol smh. Lets hope the Canadian hidden Gems errr now German hidden Gems are Diamonds in 3 years.
I'm not sure I understand the difference between missing out on top priority targets and not getting them. Are you trying to make a distinction between the two?

And will you be head to eat your words if they don’t pan out? You’re sticking your head in the sand if you don’t think we took a step back this year. I don’t care what the rankings say. Seriously, name me more than 3 kids you are truly excited about that we beat out for legit talent.
#1 If you remind me (if the time comes) that I was optimistic for this class and they don't pan out, then I will be the first one to admit I was wrong.

#2 You don't care what the rankings say ...you just admitted it

#3 I am excited for
Kinsler
Alford
Mahar
Wax (who Pitt wanted, and I really do like as a back)
And Ja'vontae
This is not to mention the German kids (but I know it doesn't fit your criteria of "offers")

And now I can add Bleich to the list

I'm not sure I understand the difference between missing out on top priority targets and not getting them. Are you trying to make a distinction between the two?
Just reiterating we haven't got a top recruit with this staff witg the exception of Devito. One day it will change and we will have a top 40 class. Wouldn't that be awesome!

#1 If you remind me (if the time comes) that I was optimistic for this class and they don't pan out, then I will be the first one to admit I was wrong.

#2 You don't care what the rankings say ...you just admitted it

#3 I am excited for
Kinsler
Alford
Mahar
Wax (who Pitt wanted, and I really do like as a back)
And Ja'vontae
This is not to mention the German kids (but I know it doesn't fit your criteria of "offers")

And now I can add Bleich to the list

Bleich is a transfer. He's not in this recruiting class.

This thread is too much doom and gloom:

#1 Fortin was never ours. Some posters thought he was ours, but he wasn't. If we lost Fortin ...so did all the other P5 schools that were recruiting him. He went to USF for goodness sake

#2 Forget Poitier. Honestly. I don't know how we are gonna make room for all the receivers we have now, let alone if we got Potier too. Alford is a monster, Ja'vontae and Mahar are absolutely without a doubt no slouches. Stop crying in your mug over Poitier. Who cares?? We have good receivers

#3 This staff has without a doubt, hands down recruited better than predecessors. We have Bergeron who is going to be a FANTASTIC tackle for THREE more years, Jordan and Benson who will be absolute studs for THREE-FOUR more years, receivers that PRODUCE EVERY YEAR, a young stud linebacker in Mikel Jones (who no one thought we would land) for THREE more years, 2 young defensive ends in Tuazama and Linton who will be here for THREE more years, and a former All American in Andre Cisco.

#4 The only place where I am concerned is DT and QB, but the staff has until February to make a dent here ...and they will really have to. We are too weak at these positions

We still have time to get some recruits in here but unless we get a serviceable QB this class id a D minus . I suspect that no matter what this will be Devito's last year here, If he steps up and plays great he will be out of school for four years and no need to hang around. If he gets pulled from games he can transfer to a lower level and play all he wants without sitting out. There needs to be high emphasis on a QB period. Its the most important position in sports not just in Football. Also keep in mind we could still lose players for whatever reason, portal, injuries etc .
A consistent dose of bottom third recruiting classes without have a dynamic player like Dungey is a recipe for being mediocre. Maybe Dino's classes are better but the conference we play in is better so right now its a tossup.

I am also still waiting from Dino's first dynamic recruit on the offensive side of the ball. Don't give me Jordan or Benson or Bergeron they have not played enough. Im also not talking about Transfers.

Still we should wait to see what happens in February before final judgement is passed.

I’m gonna get flamed, but I’ll say it anyway, I’m disappointed in the class. I know we are never gonna be a top 10 class. But I’m so tired of the “hey let’s see if any of these darts land before we call the class a bust” mentality. Can’t we find a middle ground that includes at least a few close to sure things?

All I’ve ever wanted was a program that was a top 30-35 program (in performance and in recruiting) that could finish in the top 25 every few years, and maybe make an improbable run at greatness once a decade, and yet even that has been too much to ask for.

sorry I’m just damn frustrated

Hard to compete with bags of cash. Dino has a little something we like to call “morals”.
How about Cuse fans don't have bags of cash?

While we whiffed on DT Yet again, Clemson inked 3 of the top 4 DT’s in the country. These guys are few and far between and they scored huge. Yikes.

and while I’m not a huge star guy, they fact that our classes are at the bottom of the ACC is what our record has reflected for the most part (yeah yeah 10-3 last year so far is an anomaly) since we entered the league

I’m legit excited about

LaBrosse
JaV Williams
Alford
Kinsler
Lowery
Tucker
Thompson
Mahar

(Though I was legit excited about Tre Allison and Chance Amie to)

I think LaBrosse is a can’t miss and will almost assuredly be on the field in some capacity day one like Arku and Richards.

Last edited:
I think we win at least 8 the next two years, recruiting should start to pickup then. Kids want to win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom