I'm happy that Boeheim found the right mix on offense | Syracusefan.com

I'm happy that Boeheim found the right mix on offense

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
Triche with Dion is looking good. Brandon is bringing solid decision making and isn't forcing it so much. With Dion out there, Brandon is the low-key combo guard and is getting open looks from 3. Dion is sharing the ball really well right now, too.

As I mentioned a while ago, I thought that if you play Triche, you have to play Fair for the offense / defense balance. The offense got going with Fair, Triche and Dion as the variable pieces in the lineup.

Fab was a solid 6 & 4 - we got numbers like that on an off night. That's pretty good, and he's getting better. Keita was OK, but has had better games.

I thought Southerland might have deserved a shot in the second half before the offense finally got going, but once Dion, CJ and Brandon all got in synch with Kris, you don't break up what's working well. Kris had a monster night, scoring from all over the floor.

Scoop has got to be feeling the pressure to step it up. I can't imagine that he thought he'd be the guy who is the third guard, with all the headlines and accolades he got this summer.

Our best line up is Melo/Keita, Fair, Joseph, Triche and Waiters.

As I mentioned a while ago, I thought that if you play Triche, you have to play Fair for the offense / defense balance.

I think our best lineup was out there for most of the 2nd half also, but I don't get that statement at all.

Matt good post I think JB line up will change with the team that we face. This is where our strength truly is and were still learning how the mix is. We played our first ok team tonight were just getting started. JB rode the horse that was doing the best but I wouldn't be surprised if it changes from night to night. To me that is what is great with team we are that talented. MSG isn't the best place to start I don't think their highly ranked and have a lot going on for some of the players to come out tight... and they did the first half. Great second half and great win... I see a much better performance Friday night by more of them. And SWC75 that is a very good line up...

Very nice coaching job by JB in the second half. Sometimes he doesn't get enough credit.

agreed with JB doing a good job of keeping the players on the floor...once he made the decision that Scoop was sitting...I was doubtful that others would crack the line up in the 2nd half. In fact, two of the five that contributed to the win in the 2nd half were Waiters and CJ...sort of saying we are at least 7 strong...throw in Keita and we are up to 8...Dirty and MCW must show more against good teams and in close games if they get in...one mistake and they are out...just the way it is...just the way it should be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom