I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Just finished the 1st episode of the South Korean series Squid Game on Netflix. I enjoyed it. Funny how the English dubbed dialogue is different than the subtitles.
That show was messed up.

I loved it.

On episode 6 of squid game. Very crazy and uniquely disturbing show.

Episode 6 is maybe the best episode. Probably the most heartbreaking.

Loved 'Squid Game'.
Hated the VIPs, though.
Did you watch it in Korean, or English?

It was really weird having the VIPs speak all in English. Also, it made the closed captioning turn off. It was disorienting. Maybe that was intended.

It was really weird having the VIPs speak all in English. Also, it made the closed captioning turn off. It was disorienting. Maybe that was intended.
I watched in Korean.
I always have closed captions on so I don’t mind subtitles.

It was definitely weird/disorienting to hear the VIPs speak in English. It sounded like they were dubbed but it also looked like they might have really been speaking English.
I didn’t like’em.

I watched in Korean.

It was definitely weird/disorienting to hear the VIPs speak in English. It sounded like they were dubbed but it also looked like they might have really been speaking English.
I didn’t like’em.
Yeah, I'm the same, I always have cc on.

Yeah, I'm the same, I always have cc on.
I remember thinking cc was for old people (not in a negative way), but when my kids were babies, we started using cc to make sure we kept the volume low and there weren’t loud noises that would wake them up. We’ve never gone back (after almost 8 years) because you can actually pick up on important dialogue that can be largely inaudible. They will caption any dialogue or noises that are important for the story…so you may end up picking up stuff that you can’t readily hear.

I remember thinking cc was for old people (not in a negative way), but when my kids were babies, we started using cc to make sure we kept the volume low and there weren’t loud noises that would wake them up. We’ve never gone back (after almost 8 years) because you can actually pick up on important dialogue that can be largely inaudible. They will caption any dialogue or noises that are important for the story…so you may end up picking up stuff that you can’t readily hear.
That's our cc origin story too.

And then when the kids were a little bigger they were loud so we kept the cc because it was the only way to actually catch anything.

And now I'm used to it for the very reason you mentioned.

yep

15 Minutes of Shame on HBO, produced by Monica Lewinski it interviews people that have been publicly shamed on the internet. Names and images that anyone who has facebook, twitter or instagram has seen. It's well done and will make you think about maybe not jumping on the shaming bandwagon the next time someone is put on the social media rack.

15 Minutes of Shame on HBO, produced by Monica Lewinski it interviews people that have been publicly shamed on the internet. Names and images that anyone who has facebook, twitter or instagram has seen. It's well done and will make you think about maybe not jumping on the shaming bandwagon the next time someone is put on the social media rack.
Lewinsky did a podcast on Sway with Kara Swisher. Well worth hearing:

Opinion | Monica Lewinsky Has Some Things to Say About Cancel Culture

FYI, Season 10 of Call the Midwife is on PBS. Watched the first episode last night and it was like putting on a set of comfy pajamas, a warm robe, and new fluffy slippers all wrapped into one.

I'm late to the party, but my wife and I are bingeing 'Succession'. Almost done Season 1.

Loosely based on the Murdoch media empire, it features a family of powerful and deeply maladjusted people. We're lovin' it. Virtually the only sympathetic character on the show is the gawky and seemingly hayseed cousin Greg. Something tells me he may eventually become more than he appears to be.

anyone watching CLICKBAIT ? been recommended by an old oswego buddy.
Watched the first couple episodes. Maybe more. Okay, not totally compelling so far. My wife doesn't like the main actress.

I'm late to the party, but my wife and I are bingeing 'Succession'. Almost done Season 1.

Loosely based on the Murdoch media empire, it features a family of powerful and deeply maladjusted people. We're lovin' it. Virtually the only sympathetic character on the show is the gawky and seemingly hayseed cousin Greg. Something tells me he may eventually become more than he appears to be.
Succession is the best show on TV per my household. Season 3 premiere last night was wonderful. Also an absolute fact that the intro theme is the best in history.

I watched in Korean.

I didn’t like’em.
Gotta go with subtitles. I’m getting a kick out of this commentary. Think about any US movie with a scene or two where characters speak a foreign language. Now you guys know what it’s like when people in those countries watch those movies.

Granted, the American actors were awful. I can’t even say for sure if the English dialogue was also bad.