I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Yeah I’m jumping in on Wednesday. It’s very good.
I saw half of the first episode last night and didn't like it. Like, at all.

Are we supposed to like her? She's not funny. Just another annoying, one-note bitchy teen caricature.

I thought Gomez was supposed to be more of an elegant character. This one... isn't.

I'll give it more of a chance, and will finish the episode, but ugggh. It was just all so ridiculous. I like fantasy and humor, but i don't like stupidity.

Her first vengeance act—that got her kicked out of the 'normal' school—where'd she get those? Just had them in her locker?

She killed two kids and just got an expulsion?

I dunno. The show looks like it was made for adults, but the level of writing is for 'kids.'

I saw half of the first episode last night and didn't like it. Like, at all.

Are we supposed to like her? She's not funny. Just another annoying, one-note bitchy teen caricature.

I thought Gomez was supposed to be more of an elegant character. This one... isn't.

I'll give it more of a chance, and will finish the episode, but ugggh. It was just all so ridiculous. I like fantasy and humor, but i don't like stupidity.

Her first vengeance act—that got her kicked out of the 'normal' school—where'd she get those? Just had them in her locker?

She killed two kids and just got an expulsion?

I dunno. The show looks like it was made for adults, but the level of writing is for 'kids.'
It gets better. I was never a fan of the adams family and honestly had no interest at allll in watching it. But the people here said it was good on some earlier pages so I gave it a chance and I like it.

Anybody watch and can comment on:

Fleishman is in Trouble (Hulu)
Fakes (Netflix)

I’m liking Mythic Quest on Apple so far. Only 4 episodes in.

A new season of Alice in Borderland drops this week. If you liked Squid Games, you should check out the first season to get up to speed. Very similar premise.

i'm liking wednesday. a bit predictable perhaps . but i find the humor to be deliciously dark and lugubrious.
Good word.

I tried again to watch Wednesday, on the recommendation of two insanely bright coworkers, but I’m still stuck with the same objections. And on the foundation of it, I just don’t even like her (yet). And that seems like the crux of the matter.

I am liking Echo3 again. After one perplexing episode. Good stuff.

Slow Horses—I like the tone and characters, but in this second season, I admit it hasn’t gripped me well enough that I’m actually paying enough attention. I don’t really know what’s going on with any depth. Feels like something I have on whilst I’m playing solitaire or reading baseball trade/free agent rumors.

Jack Ryan is back, today I think.

Wait, doesn’t the new season of Jack Ryan start this week?
Today.
I started episode one and pushed pause halfway through,
just to say that it's already captivating from the outset.

Today.
I started episode one and pushed pause halfway through,
just to say that it's already captivating from the outset.
Is it a total series drop, or are they dragging this out weekly?

i really prefer the weekly drop over all at once.. if they are there I tend to watch them.. But having a show to watch over several weeks is enjoyable vs just binging and being done.

i really prefer the weekly drop over all at once.. if they are there I tend to watch them.. But having a show to watch over several weeks is enjoyable vs just binging and being done.
I ain’t paying for anything but the minimum

Currently watching Welcome to Chippendales and really enjoying it. It was created by the same guy that did Pam & Tommy, which I thought was great.