I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 86 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Ha. That show gave me anxiety that I've never had watching television before. Some really messed up stuff that just felt a liiiitle too real sometimes. When the James and Gillian stuff doesn't even feel THAT bad to me, you know it can get real dark.

I still really liked it though and plan on watching again after football. I think the ending is one of the best I've ever seen. And Richard Harrow is an all-time character, in my opinion. Just about perfect.
Agreed on Richard! He was amazing.

And….I still just don’t know why some of that stuff was necessary?

Show had a GREAT premise. It didn’t need some of the “extras” they threw in.

I loved Chalky White too. Such a great actor to play 2 different iconic characters like Omar and Chalky.

Also, I HATED Nucky.

Anyone remember “Playmakers” on ESPN, that the NFL forced ESPN to shut down? It ran for 1 season in 2003.

I loved that show at the time. Would love to see it again and see if it was as good as I remember.
Definitely remember. Watched every episode. Was completely bonkers and over the top. Feel like there were multiple Latimers instead of just 1 in the program.

Definitely remember. Watched every episode. Was completely bonkers and over the top. Feel like there were multiple Latimers instead of just 1 in the program.
Way ahead of its time. Really packed a lot in to a few shows. Omar gooding (DH) can’t act though

Holy cow! I just saw the first episode of Star Trek - Strange New Worlds . Guess I have to get Paramount now. Dammit!

Holy cow! I just saw the first episode of Star Trek - Strange New Worlds . Guess I have to get Paramount now. Dammit!
I'm not a big Star Trek person but I've heard that show's good. I saw it was on and set it to record.

I'm not a big Star Trek person but I've heard that show's good. I saw it was on and set it to record.
I've seen everything eventually. I think Enterprise deserved 3 more years. At least in retrospect ;)
This, however, seems built to fill in some gaps in the existing story. I'm in.

I don't know too much about star trek. Just the broad strokes. How much do I need to know to watch this show?

I don't know too much about star trek. Just the broad strokes. How much do I need to know to watch this show?
I'm thinking if you remember the original series, you're in pretty good shape. I have only watched 2 episodes.

Gangs of London —Max
Special Ops: Lioness — Paramount, I think…. Both pretty good. Violent, and intense.

Bosch: Legacy was okay, If you liked regular Bosch, it’s pretty much just a continuation.

Who Is Erin Carter — Netflix. It’s okay.

There’s just so many shows - I don’t even know how to get started anymore.
Try Winning Time.
I really enjoyed it. Great performances, but it was really poorly done in so many ways. I don't want to spoil it for you, though. :) Sadly and thankfully, there will be no season 3.

Gangs of London —Max
Special Ops: Lioness — Paramount, I think…. Both pretty good. Violent, and intense.

Bosch: Legacy was okay, If you liked regular Bosch, it’s pretty much just a continuation.

Who Is Erin Carter — Netflix. It’s okay.
1st season of Gangs of London came out on BBC I think a few years ago. Definitely was entertaining though a bit over the top. Think I only made it through an episode of season 2 and quit.

They are offering a deal that expires tomorrow if you haven't already signed up

Try Winning Time.
I really enjoyed it. Great performances, but it was really poorly done in so many ways. I don't want to spoil it for you, though. :) Sadly and thankfully, there will be no season 3.
Wait….I’m hearing they cancelled it and it’s only like 1984? What?!! The run was just getting started???!!

I mean this in the best way possible - it was just enough.
Man. I was with 2 of my uncles this summer - one a Lakers fan and the other a Celtics fan, and they were both raving about the show. That era was their teens/twenties.