I'm in a show hole, need suggestions | Page 91 | Syracusefan.com

I'm in a show hole, need suggestions

Watched 1883 after listening to Taylor Sheridan on Joe Rogan a couple weeks back. Decent enough. Watched about 15 mins of 1923 and turned it off. Not for me.

FYI, anyone with Instacart Plus (e.g. Chase Sapphire Reserve or Preferred) gets free Peacock.
I didn’t know this. I’ve had Preferred for a long time now but have done anything with the Instacart perk.

Just finished Shameless. Reminds me of the small-ass town I grew up in. Show went on for 4 seasons too long. Series finale was awful.

Just finished Shameless. Reminds me of the small-ass town I grew up in. Show went on for 4 seasons too long. Series finale was awful.

It lost steam once Emmy Rossum left. The last season probably would have been better if not for Covid.

It’s still one of my favorites.

I enjoyed the first episode of Masters of the Air. Not sure where they go from there or how/if there will be anything ‘new’ in WWII stories, but it was well-produced/directed, in the Spielberg flavor.

Loudermilk is decent on Netflix. Ron Livingston, Will Sasso, Brian Regan.

I enjoyed the first episode of Masters of the Air. Not sure where they go from there or how/if there will be anything ‘new’ in WWII stories, but it was well-produced/directed, in the Spielberg flavor.
when you go and see the stats on those guys it was a pretty scary world to live in.

Started watching "Fool Me Once. I'm now 6 episodes in of 8. There are so many twists and turns (and there are more coming, I'm sure) that it's work to follow. So when I get confused I just watch Maya. :)

Started watching "Fool Me Once. I'm now 6 episodes in of 8. There are so many twists and turns (and there are more coming, I'm sure) that it's work to follow. So when I get confused I just watch Maya. :)
I watched that a couple of weeks ago. Yeah, Keegan is not bad.

I started Griselda this week. Just two episodes in. It’s okay. Kind of a Narcos-adjacent thing, starring Sofia Vergara.

I'm one episode behind on True Detective, but is Travis Cohle (the dead guy on the ice in the first few minutes of Episode 1) linked to Rust Cohle?

I'm one episode behind on True Detective, but is Travis Cohle (the dead guy on the ice in the first few minutes of Episode 1) linked to Rust Cohle?
Yes, I believe that is true. Apparently, there are several connections to the first season, but why should we be expected to remember? That was ten years ago!

Last edited:
Wife and I loved watching Homeland together. I’ll take any recommendations for something similar. Already watched jack ryan (A little different). Open to ideas. Thanks in advance.
Never saw Homeland , but enjoyed the Night Agent and The Recruit.

Last edited:
hihi —
Anyone watching Mr. & Mrs. Smith? Started it last night, and just watched the first episode. I barely remember the Pitt/Jolie movie, so i don't remember similarities between the two. Anyway, it started kinda as i would have expected, and then it got pretty slow. Not at all what i expected. But, the dynamic is interesting, if sometimes a bit silly/implausible, even for the premise.

I started watching Loudermilk. I thought i remembered trying it when it was first aired, and i didn't like it. Not sure why i got into it now, but i went through the first season quickly, even though... i don't like it like it. It's okay, i guess. But, at about episode 3 of season two, i kinda had enough. Stopped for a few days. Eventually went back, and then it's now a thing where it gets annoying quickly. I may have only continued because i like Laura Mennell. At least, i liked how she was wearing what she was wearing... She very much reminds me of my girlfriend at SU.

Griselda is pretty good. Nice performance from Vergara.

Dusty Slay has a standup on Netflix. He's a new 'discovery' for me. Quite funny.

Bookie on Max. Again, okay, not great.

Monarch Legacy of Monsters (apple) — somehow, is quite boring. Not sure how they managed that.

Just finished Griselda. It’s good. I wouldn’t be surprised if Vergara got an Emmy for it.

hihi —
Anyone watching Mr. & Mrs. Smith? Started it last night, and just watched the first episode. I barely remember the Pitt/Jolie movie, so i don't remember similarities between the two. Anyway, it started kinda as i would have expected, and then it got pretty slow. Not at all what i expected. But, the dynamic is interesting, if sometimes a bit silly/implausible, even for the premise.

I started watching Loudermilk. I thought i remembered trying it when it was first aired, and i didn't like it. Not sure why i got into it now, but i went through the first season quickly, even though... i don't like it like it. It's okay, i guess. But, at about episode 3 of season two, i kinda had enough. Stopped for a few days. Eventually went back, and then it's now a thing where it gets annoying quickly. I may have only continued because i like Laura Mennell. At least, i liked how she was wearing what she was wearing... She very much reminds me of my girlfriend at SU.

Griselda is pretty good. Nice performance from Vergara.

Dusty Slay has a standup on Netflix. He's a new 'discovery' for me. Quite funny.

Bookie on Max. Again, okay, not great.

Monarch Legacy of Monsters (apple) — somehow, is quite boring. Not sure how they managed that.
Watched 1 ep of Mr. & Mrs. Smith. Liked it and looking forward to more. May be predisposed to liking it more than it deserves due to loving Atlanta though.