I'm surprisingly no longer interested in College Basketball | Syracusefan.com

I'm surprisingly no longer interested in College Basketball

Been saying it all year. College basketball has become football with hoops. If syracuse is not playing i cannot watch it anymore.

-horrifically low scoring games
-inconsistent reffing
-endless parade of commercials and timeouts
-too much physicality (ie clutching and grabbing defenses)
-oversaturation with games on everyday on numerous channels
-conference realignment/now defunct rivalries

College basketball has become a terrible sport to watch. Which is a shame because it was the best not too long ago.

Could be fun watching Trey Burke pretty much stiff-arming any defender w/in a mile of him while UL is trying push him over while he brings the ball up.

Are there any college basketball games left after tonight?
I always assumed basketball season was over once Syracuse played their last game as I've never seen any other games after that.

-oversaturation with games on everyday on numerous channels

Would that be bad if you thought the product was better? I like having numerous options with what to watch, and whom to watch.

After last years blatant screw job vs Ohio State and this years slightly less blatant screw job vs Michigan I find myself not looking forward to the tourney as much. The fact that both came immediately after the Marquette (over and back?) and Butler (KrisJo getting suplexed) tourney losses only compounds the issue. Maybe we'll get treated a bit differently by the refs once we're playing in the ACC?

Nice thing about MMA is that even fighters who are unable to trust the judges can finish the fight before the final bell and take it out of the officials hands..

ABC - Always Be Closing...

The refs really are starting to sour me on college bball - the 2011 Marquette game, the Oh St game last year and this game really just gets me pissed. I know this will sound biased, especially coming right after the latest loss - but it starts to feel like there is either some kind of agenda - or something really has to be done about the incompetent officiating. BC these idiots are having way too much control on the outcome of games.

I've watched less college basketball this year than in the last 25 - by a wide margin. The game has become unwatchable, even guys like Bilas are aware there is a MAJOR problem...we'll see if anything changes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom