I'm usually the biggest Cooney hater | Syracusefan.com

I'm usually the biggest Cooney hater

Cuse4

Scout Team
but he really impressed me in his short time out there yesterday. I was expecting to see him basically hand the Ville guards the ball. Actually looked calm out there. The assist and the pump fake jumper showed me more from him than anything else he's done all year,

Yup, he didn't do much, but he gave Brandon a break, he hit the mid-court shot, and he was calm and collected.

Great decision by Cooney. When the outside shot isn't falling, take it in and make an easier one.

I thought he crowded the middle too much on defense, worried about penetration obviously, which left the wing wide open and hard for the forward to get there. I believe they screened the forward on his side twice while he was on and got wide open 3's.

That being said I've been high on his D all season and was as others very impressed with his calm and ability to put the ball on the floor, split the press, draw the D and get it to a big by the rim. He made that short jumper look like he could make it everytime, he should do that a lot more.

It seems to me he will be a solid contributor down the road in his career and probably have a few games each season were he goes off from 3 and kills teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom