im way too confident about thu nite | Syracusefan.com

im way too confident about thu nite

I'm confident in general because of our recent NCAA tournament performance. I am still confused about how our team performed all year which is unsettling.

But if you are anybody in this tournament, do you want to see Syracuse anywhere near you? This is a team laden with upperclassmen, with a Hall of Fame coach, which has gone 12-4 in its last 4 NCAA tournament appearances. Oh and by the way, 25% of those NCAA Tournament wins have come against 1 and 2 seeds.

Past performance is no garauntee of future results, but if you look at everything, we are better poised for a run than we have been any time since 2013.

With this team I try not to get too confident. However, I am optimistic about out chances on Thursday. I think Baylor has been getting a lot less, if any at all, props in the news which likely gives them some incentive. We've got a "little" more, but we are essentially in the same boat.

If you are anybody in this tournament, do you want to see Syracuse anywhere near you? This is a team laden with upperclassmen, with a Hall of Fame coach, which has gone 12-4 in its last 4 NCAA tournament appearances. Oh and by the way, 25% of those NCAA Tournament wins have come against 1 and 2 seeds.
Quite a stat right there.

I know we are a favorite on Thursday, but another stat I heard this week on the radio courtesy of SWC75 is Syracuse is 12-5 in the tournament as an underdog since 96.

Same here. Kind of feel that way about the Zags too. I just loved what I saw without Battle last week and think Frank now gets the urgency.

I'll be supremely disappointed if we lose. I think we simply have the better team, but I wouldn't be shocked if we blow it. I can't help feeling like the program is due for a major NCAAT letdown.

Yeah, I don't feel any non-ACC team in the tournament.

To balance that out, I'm convinced that we'll lose to any ACC team in the tournament.

I can see it going either way, and sadly it won't move my needle either way. I think we should win so if we do I'll be pleased but not over charged. If we lose I'll be bummed but not shocked as this team has dealt equal portions of pain and joy this season. I can say I am not now and have not been all year - overly confident that we win.

I’m more concerned that some no name , 3 minutes per game, dude is going to light us up
It’s funny I always hear this concern. And it kind of makes me laugh. Isn’t this exactly what anyone wants? I mean a defense have to give up something why not give it up to the no-name? Do we really want the star player is killing us?

I'm a little more confident than usual too. I hope it pans out.

I'm a little disappointed there isn't a Gonzaga thread. I'd like to read thoughts on how we match up. I know a lot of people don't like to look ahead, but I would because if we don't win then a thread on Gonzaga is a lot less interesting.

I’m more concerned that some no name , 3 minutes per game, dude is going to light us up
I found his picture
Sharpie-Accent-Tip-Fluorescent-Yellow-Highlighters-Pack-of-12-L12647509.jpg

seems like a very favorable matchup for us (although mason could be a problem), and we've had mostly easy 1st round games the last 10 years. but still i shouldnt be feeling this confident. whats wrong with me?

If you can tell me which Syracuse team shows up to play Baylor, I can tell you what the outcome will be.

Which Chewey? Which Frank? Which Oshae?

We will get the standard performances fromTyus, Marek and Buddy. But with the other three it's like they have body doubles with one being good and the other being not good.

The over-used quote from Forest Gump says it perfectly, "You never know what you are going to get".

The only thing I am sure of is that Tyus will bust his azz competing.

I'm not. You have no idea which Syracuse will show up on a nightly basis. If this was a team that brought it every night, but just happened to get bested, then I would take it as is, but that's not the case with this year's bunch. There are nights where they look like world beaters then will half ass it.

It's been a while since we laid a complete egg in March. The last one was probably against Oklahoma in 2009. No doubt in my mind when we lose it won't be because of a lack of effort.

If you can tell me which Syracuse team shows up to play Baylor, I can tell you what the outcome will be.

Which Chewey? Which Frank? Which Oshae?

We will get the standard performances fromTyus, Marek and Buddy. But with the other three it's like they have body doubles with one being good and the other being not good.

The over-used quote from Forest Gump says it perfectly, "You never know what you are going to get".

The only thing I am sure of is that Tyus will bust his azz competing.
1-5c.jpg

Sportsline's Optimal Bracket has us losing, FWIW.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom