In hindsight, glad Adams and Jackson played | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

In hindsight, glad Adams and Jackson played

Adams was terrific on his first TD, the legs did not stop churning even when he appeared to be stopped short of the goalline.

Oklahoma is my western team since i do not get too many Cuse games out here, so I have seen AA quite a bit already.

Trust me, you haven't seen anything yet of what Adams can do, his forte is breaking very long runs when he gets in space.

strickland is the best back besides dungey inside the 10yd line. didn't we see that this year???

I can see this as a common tactic going forward--all across D-I. If the transfers are willing to go to their new team, work hard, learn the system, being eligible for a bowl game is a nice reward.

RB and WR is pretty stacked next year. If our OL comes together we could have one of the better offenses in SU history.
Dino mentioned rebuilding the OL as a key to next season in his press conference.

Adams was terrific on his first TD, the legs did not stop churning even when he appeared to be stopped short of the goalline.

Oklahoma is my western team since i do not get too many Cuse games out here, so I have seen AA quite a bit already.

Trust me, you haven't seen anything yet of what Adams can do, his forte is breaking very long runs when he gets in space.

Can you remind us of why Adams and Jackson transferred in the first place?

cant speak to jackson but as good as adams is, he was no better than third or fourth on the sooner depth chart, part of that was some fumbling issues, but he already looks stronger to me.

I may have heard it wrong, but I thought in Dino's presser, he said something about the team supporting / giving the thumbs up to them playing in the game. I thought at the time it was interesting he brought that up and that the team was involved in such a decision. However, I am working through a hangover so my cognitive functioning is a bit compromised.

Adams was injured at OU, the next guy up had a terrific remainder of the season and Adams was dropped to #2, though he averaged 7+/ypc (if I recall). He wanted playing time as he has NFL talent (legit 4-star recruit).

I do not recall the story behind Jackson's transfer. But I believe he was a was a legit 4-satr recruit and lost playing time.

cant speak to jackson but as good as adams is, he was no better than third or fourth on the sooner depth chart, part of that was some fumbling issues, but he already looks stronger to me.
I think he had one fumble.

Adams was injured at OU, the next guy up had a terrific remainder of the season and Adams was dropped to #2, though he averaged 7+/ypc (if I recall). He wanted playing time as he has NFL talent (legit 4-star recruit).

I do not recall the story behind Jackson's transfer. But I believe he was a was a legit 4-satr recruit and lost playing time.
I do not believe that AA was ever the starter at OU.

Otto above said he only had one fumble, but how he was treated afterwards related to his transfer. Can't say if the only one fumble number is correct or not, but in Norman they had a perception he could not hold onto the ball. There were times when I watched OU & said where is Adams ?

Abdul Adams upset at being benched after fumbles

All I know is whether he was treated fairly or not at OU, that their loss is our gain.

He was solid in the WVU game, but all will see that he is a very exciting player when he gets more open field reps.

Saw Adams at the Orlando airport on the way home this morning (Saturday). Definitely 5'11" but man he looked skinny in his SU gear. Think I saw Chris Fredericks as well. Not sure where they were heading but Fredericks, if it was him, was getting on a plane which some SU fans had boarded.

Sounds like playing time and he got jumped by two other backs that were also producing. What are you going to do, thats what happens at a factory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom